Help With Installation

blessmybones

Sea Legs
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place. New to the forums and needed help with installation.

Anyways, I downloaded the Windows launcher off of the website, and it took me to the installation wizard, where I completed and finished it. After that, nothing happened. There was no launcher, and the only file on my computer is the setup wizard. I went through it again, same thing. Then I re-downloaded it, but using a different browser, and the same thing happened. I'm lost as to what to do at this point, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have Webroot and Malwarebytes currently active, with possibly some remnants of McAfee. I use a 2015 HP laptop with Windows 10, if that matters as well.

If you run the installer again, the "Choose install location" dialog should show you where it put the application last time.

If you run the installer again, the "Choose install location" dialog should show you where it put the application last time.

Re-ran the installer, changed the location, and it still didn't show up. Not in the specified location, or in the computer file search. Could it be my virus protection is blocking it?

Possibly if one of them refuses to deal with any unsigned software? I did get a false positive on an earlier version of the game client, but that was after the installer did its thing and while the launcher was downloading tlopo.exe. Maybe the installer doesn't have write permission on your drive for some reason?

Possibly if one of them refuses to deal with any unsigned software? I did get a false positive on an earlier version of the game client, but that was after the installer did its thing and while the launcher was downloading tlopo.exe. Maybe the installer doesn't have write permission on your drive for some reason?
Any idea on how to check/allow it?

Thanks for all of the responses, by the way.

I'm operating completely bind here, (Normally with something like this I'd be sat at a customer's computer randomly prodding at system management tools and googling the results) but I guess I'd start with something like running the installer as administrator (Right click context menu on the .exe) and asking it to install to a freshly formatted USB stick. Also watching that filespace in an explorer window to see if the files are created and then deleted, or just never appear at all.

Your best bet may be to re-download the installer, turn off your antivirus, install the Launcher, then white list the install dir from your antivirus's settings, and then re-activate your antivirus. This will only help if it is your antivirus causing the issue.

You might also want to get rid of McAfee ;)

Silly me for even suggesting such an impossible feat. If only I could be so grossly incandescent.
I refer to the company founder's public statement on this issue. [Google search link due to excessive levels of NSFW]

Thanks everyone! Disabled both anti virus softwares and reinstalled. Its up and running!
Having multiple AV can do strange and unpredictable things to a system. Glad you got this sorted!

Last edited:
Back