Question How do I make the game less laggy?

I assume you mean 4 GB of ram? That's typically coupled with a very low integrated CPU, meaning you won't get that great of performance in any game. TLOPO isn't the most optimized, but if you've turned everything in settings to the very lowest and don't get good performance then that's all you're going to get.

Once I get logged onto the game I flip my game window down , reset my desktop , click on the game and My FPS goes up by a minimum of 20

1. Run in medium graphics
2. Turn v sync off
3. Shutdown client
4. Relog in
5.when you get to character page stop
6. Hit ctrl alt delete
7. In task manager go to processes
8. Find a conhost process associated with tlopo application and change priority to high
9. Find tlopo.exe process and change it's priority to above normal
10. Close task manager
11. Select pirate and play
12.your fps should be double what it was on low graphics.
Worked! Thank you mate.

2. Turn v sync off
3. Shutdown client
4. Relog in
6. Hit ctrl alt delete
8. Find a conhost process associated with tlopo application and change priority to high
10. Close task manager
Do you think I'll need to do this every time, or will this hold.
Also, I see no conhost associated with tlopo. I did see a 'windowed' control thingie however.

Do you think I'll need to do this every time, or will this hold.
Also, I see no conhost associated with tlopo. I did see a 'windowed' control thingie however.
Yes every time.
The process name is conhost.exe in Windows 10.
I can't remember it's name in Windows 7. I ca check tomorrow and get back to you

Yes every time.
The process name is conhost.exe in Windows 10.
I can't remember it's name in Windows 7. I ca check tomorrow and get back to you
Okay, thanks for the help, I'll have to retest things. There may be a slim chance that it stays a setting. IDK
If I have time tomorrow, I'll take note whats in task, then see what pops up once tlopo is active.

GL

I tried this and definitely helped with lag even on andaba (busy server) Thanks for sharing Tiberias!! I always did the tlopo.exe but didn't know about the con host process. There was already one on there before I started tlopo. So I had task manager open when I started the game and could see the new one come up.

I tried this and definitely helped with lag even on andaba (busy server) Thanks for sharing Tiberias!! I always did the tlopo.exe but didn't know about the con host process. There was already one on there before I started tlopo. So I had task manager open when I started the game and could see the new one come up.
Good catch.

I realized Windows 7 already has a conhost.exe process running before I start the game, but that process has no owner (There is an owner column in the task manager). The game generates a second conhost process but that one has an owner. That is the one that needs high priority.

Good catch.

I realized Windows 7 already has a conhost.exe process running before I start the game, but that process has no owner (There is an owner column in the task manager). The game generates a second conhost process but that one has an owner. That is the one that needs high priority.
Yes. I noted that and will try to figure this out. I believe there is a way to make it stick, something about 'ownership' of that exe file or process or something like that. Perhaps the actual file in your tlopo folder can be changed.

Good catch.

Hi Tiberias.Can you tell me what is the name of conhost process which needs high priority on windows 7.Thanks.

2. Turn v sync off
3. Shutdown client
4. Relog in
6. Hit ctrl alt delete
10. Close task manager
One more question:Can i keep low graphics for even better fps?Or it has to be medium graphics.

One more question:Can i keep low graphics for even better fps?Or it has to be medium graphics.

I tried low graphics with this procedure and it did not produce higher fps but actually had significantly lower speed.

As far as the name of the process you want to set to high priority its called conhost.exe

On some windows 7 systems there is already a conhost.exe process running before you log into pirates.

I found I can actually kill that process without destabilizing the system and the performance seems even better.

So once you kill any conhost.exe process already running before you login, then the conhost generated by tlopo is the process you want to set to high priority.

I have windows 10 and already had a conhost.exe That is why I had it open when I started the game so I could see which one I needed to change the priority.

I tried low graphics with this procedure and it did not produce higher fps but actually had significantly lower speed.

As far as the name of the process you want to set to high priority its called conhost.exe

On some windows 7 systems there is already a conhost.exe process running before you log into pirates.

I found I can actually kill that process without destabilizing the system and the performance seems even better.

So once you kill any conhost.exe process already running before you login, then the conhost generated by tlopo is the process you want to set to high priority.
If this works like it seems so, I wish we can make it stick to the properties of the files, instead of having to do it every time. I've been trying to figure some ways. I was hoping taking control of the file would do it, but it doesn't seem to be sticking. There must be some other part of the services loading at start up taking priority of the fetching of the cohost file and resetting defaults or something. IDK,

Back