How do you guys feel now that POTCO is probably dead forever?

Buddy Buckles

Buccaneer
Even though I grew to dislike POTCO recently, I have many fond memories of fighting with my Guild, going on adventures.... sigh..... I wish it had not come to this. Couldn't Disney have tried a BIT HARDER???? Sorry for rage just there......:( Anyways please leave your opinion on how you feel about POTCO gone. And do you guys have any hope it will come back?

I feel "used," as if my voice and concern for a product Disney made did not matter. *Is this the message Disney hopes to leave for younger generations whom find themselves caring for something enough to where they try to make positive changes in this world?

This closing of POTCO - for me - goes beyond the game and encompasses a variety of consequences as to their mistake.

"Probably"? It seems that potco is definitely closed forever. There may be other games and may even be other games based on the movies but in my mind, potco is gone forever. Initially there was shock, anger and small hope. After a bit of grieving, I have said goodbye and have nothing left but memories. Most of the memories are good. Thanks for those memories potco.
:thanks:

Yes, they easily could've tried harder. They could've fixed their first mistake (letting POTCO fall by the wayside), but rather than be responsible for their failures, they thought, "Oh, well we can't screw this up much worse, why don't we just shut the game down? A bunch of people have already left because of our irresponsibility, so why not break a few more hearts in the process?"

Sad to say, but that is exactly what they did to us. Them shutting down POTCO, the very first MMO I ever played, the one that basically made me into a gamer, the game that had so many amazing memories, was the last straw for me. Disney is dead to me now.

I can't believe it's been over a month since the game closed. I miss it terribly. I used to like to log in in quiet moments when I wanted to have a "pirate vacation" and enjoy some tortuga hold em or go sailing on the caribbean. I'm hoping they will reopen a revamped potco next year....

...I miss it terribly. I used to like to log in in quiet moments when I wanted to have a "pirate vacation" and enjoy some tortuga hold em or go sailing on the caribbean.
I know what you mean and I can relate.

Even though I did not really play POTCO this past year, the game permitted me a chance to escape the daily grind of everyday life. Now the way it is, I am left watching television which provides little "escape" for me in addition to watching movies that I have already watched in my collection at home.

You know, I used to think that the movie, "What about Bob?," was funny but the way it is now, I have grown tired/bored of even this particular scene:

POTCO shows no signs of coming back ever.... However, yes I honestly love the gameplay and looting and sailing in general. Sadly the only think I really miss was the people and community of POTCO. Even though we have the forums and Facebook I feel sad for the other half of my friends who could not stay together and do activities as a group such as looting and sailing together. :(
Yo oh! Yo oh! A pirate I shall die.... *Drinks bottle of Dr. Pepper falling back drunk*

I think it's officially dead.. At first when i heard the news i thought ''oh, it's shutting down, whatever.'' Then i remembered about the good friends on there, and some of the adventures we had, it was more of the people i met on there that affected me cause it was such an amazing community. Now i feel a little disappointed, because the game had so much potential, and i felt the disney ripped away my childhood in a way. But good things come and go, just remember the good times that you had with your mates.

Do these answer the question?
tumblr_lq8sd8a91s1qm71x2.gif

spongebob-crying-o.gif

Mr.-Krabs-Eye-Twitch-Reaction-Gif-On-Spongebob.gif

Slight spam I suppose, but my point is made.

I feel like Disney is only here for money and not for their fans anymore. I had old friends and personal friends on POTCO, and it's tough to say goodbye in a month. Disney doesn't bother to care. Somehow, their corporate scheme has gotten the better of them, and they've stopped caring.

i feel like disney is ridiclous they closed down the only mmo game i ever really got close to i loved that game and i miss mah friends especially larry blackdog he changed my experience and perspective of potco and its gonna take awhile to get over it but i hope i do evuntally i just miss everything on that game.

I agree Kelly. I haven't been playing anything either. I'm hoping ESO is fun when it opens next year but enjoying RL now and stepping back from the computer for awhile. Been getting so much done which is a nice bonus to offset mourning POTCO.

Back