How I Became A Pirate And The Guild I Made Friends With

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
Well, where do I start?

Well, I guess I'll start in Tortuga. That's where all the good tales start from.
After being rescued from jail by Jack, ( Me memory is a little foggy of what happened before ) I ended up in Tortuga, where pirates can live free. And who should I find? Jack Sparrow, with his plan of getting his beloved pearl back. I Knew about that ship, it's a symbol for pirates freedom, not just " A Keel and a hull, and a deck and a sail." So, I decided to help him out... the best choice I have ever made.

I remember I was on Rumrunner's Isle where another pirate ask me to be in their guild, of course, I said yes. That guild, the Corsair Covenant, is still with me today. It's the guild where I mastered, it was there when Walter was killed by Rott, it was there when the EITC wanted to take over. We shared such great times together, good and bad - even though the bad almost split the guild apart.

We see it all the time, Guild Crashes. We were only hit once, but that was enough, to almost tear us apart. Once a guild 500 strong, we were now a 200 member guild. Because of such an attack, the Guildmaster had to change the rules. The guild was now an officer guild, no longer you had to be a lvl 30 to be an officer, you had to be at least a lvl ten.

Even though we recoverd, we were never really the same. The guild, slowly, became quiet, unless the right pirates were online, and the GM wasn't coming on less and less.

Sadly, our guild is dying, it's only a matter of time before it goes away; No doubt about that. All guilds someday have to end.

But we didn't leave, there was something about that guild that made me and most my mates stay. Which is why I was there for over a year now. This guild was, and still is, family to us.

So why are we still here?

It's because of loyal friends, which brings us to the good times, Like having ship races, or helping each other out on quest, or just simply talking. If we keep doing this, there's hope to bring our guild back to where it was before.... a family. If we can come back, we can make it in just about everything...

My name is Basil Darkratte, and this is my story.

as long as the gm does not leave a guild will hang in their. soon a gm will be able to turn his guild over to someone else, that's a good thing. guilds will not die for the lack of a gm. my guild before spania was hawks talons. a good and famous guild, i loved it. the gm got strested and dumped the guild and it died ( RIP HAWKS TALONS ). my point is, when gm's can give their guild to someone else it will be much better for the members that love their guilds.:flag:

Good story Basil and agree some guilds do make it and some don't.I had my guild for 2 years and just tired of the game and stopped playing the beginning of the year and disbanded the guild.Came back almost 7 months later and got very lucky and got my old guild name back and still finding my old guild mates from before.Now I just take my time guilding anyone.Making a officer in the guild now that is a different story for me and very select when I do make them a officer.Prefer if they have every weapon lvl 15 and I have them do a small test on the formation in Kingshead.Only reason i say weapons lvl 15 is,it will show they will level and when others join the guild they can help if they become a officer.

Well, where do I start?

Well, I guess I'll start in Tortuga. That's where all the good tales start from.
After being rescued from jail by Jack, ( Me memory is a little foggy of what happened before ) I ended up in Tortuga, where pirates can live free. And who should I find? Jack Sparrow, with his plan of getting his beloved pearl back. I Knew about that ship, it's a symbol for pirates freedom, not just " A Keel and a hull, and a deck and a sail." So, I decided to help him out... the best choice I have ever made.

I remember I was on Rumrunner's Isle where another pirate ask me to be in their guild, of course, I said yes. That guild, the Corsair Covenant, is still with me today. It's the guild where I mastered, it was there when Walter was killed by Rott, it was there when the EITC wanted to take over. We shared such great times together, good and bad - even though the bad almost split the guild apart.

We see it all the time, Guild Crashes. We were only hit once, but that was enough, to almost tear us apart. Once a guild 500 strong, we were now a 200 member guild. Because of such an attack, the Guildmaster had to change the rules. The guild was now an officer guild, no longer you had to be a lvl 30 to be an officer, you had to be at least a lvl ten.

Even though we recoverd, we were never really the same. The guild, slowly, became quiet, unless the right pirates were online, and the GM wasn't coming on less and less.

Sadly, our guild is dying, it's only a matter of time before it goes away; No doubt about that. All guilds someday have to end.

But we didn't leave, there was something about that guild that made me and most my mates stay. Which is why I was there for over a year now. This guild was, and still is, family to us.

So why are we still here?

It's because of loyal friends, which brings us to the good times, Like having ship races, or helping each other out on quest, or just simply talking. If we keep doing this, there's hope to bring our guild back to where it was before.... a family. If we can come back, we can make it in just about everything...

My name is Basil Darkratte, and this is my story.

Dang that is quite a story, almost brought me to tears! I find myself a bit guildless at the moment, are you taking new members!:rolleyes:

Dang that is quite a story, almost brought me to tears! I find myself a bit guildless at the moment, are you taking new members!:rolleyes:

We are always taking new members! lets get the guild to the way it was before!
EDIT (Dec 2, 2010 9:50 PM):
Good story Basil and agree some guilds do make it and some don't.I had my guild for 2 years and just tired of the game and stopped playing the beginning of the year and disbanded the guild.Came back almost 7 months later and got very lucky and got my old guild name back and still finding my old guild mates from before.Now I just take my time guilding anyone.Making a officer in the guild now that is a different story for me and very select when I do make them a officer.Prefer if they have every weapon lvl 15 and I have them do a small test on the formation in Kingshead.Only reason i say weapons lvl 15 is,it will show they will level and when others join the guild they can help if they become a officer.

That's what my guild did if you wanted to be an officer, but only on the sea. We had to sink a few lvl ships with just cannons.

great story Basil...and keep the gm motorvated..try and keep them in the loop they are just like you guys just with more responability...make it like a round table (with the core players + gm ) it's hard when a guild as i see yours slides... it's almost like a test to you and your guildmates...to pick up your gm and your guild...just remember as long as your gm stays interested in the game and active in the guild the better your guild will be. so stand up and take accountability...and don't forget the Molly rule, You are only as strong as your weakest member... and with that, i wish fair winds mate and may a strong wind find yer backs to help you through this troubled time...

great story Basil...and keep the gm motorvated..try and keep them in the loop they are just like you guys just with more responability...make it like a round table (with the core players + gm ) it's hard when a guild as i see yours slides... it's almost like a test to you and your guildmates...to pick up your gm and your guild...just remember as long as your gm stays interested in the game and active in the guild the better your guild will be. so stand up and take accountability...and don't forget the Molly rule, You are only as strong as your weakest member... and with that, i wish fair winds mate and may a strong wind find yer backs to help you through this troubled time...

Aye, I Made a quotation which is now in the signature: It's not the Guildmaster who makes his guild great, but the pirates who are in it. It seems fitting.

I think obama should start saying that so people stop blaming him and they got off their big fat buts and actually realize he isn't god he can't do everything he promises, but at least he tries and that feature is why he has my vote in 2012.

We are always taking new members! lets get the guild to the way it was before!
EDIT (Dec 2, 2010 9:50 PM):

basil i know the corsairs will be restored to their full glory one day it will take time effort and alot of perserverents but i know now that the corsairs will return and i want u to no im back in the guild for good im gonna stick with my first guild until were restored!

I think obama should start saying that so people stop blaming him and they got off their big fat buts and actually realize he isn't god he can't do everything he promises, but at least he tries and that feature is why he has my vote in 2012.

You mean something like this: It's not president that makes his country great, but the people who are in it."?

Back