Should I keep leveling up and try to get to 50

• Yes

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Airo

Sea Legs
Here is some backstory for the majority of people who probably don't know what I did. Last night I started a character and did no storyline and all I did was start grinding my swords. It took me about 12 hours of boring grinding.. but in the end I enjoyed it a lot and will do this with guns in the next few days. So without further ado, here is my journey to wasting 12+ hours of my life to do nothing but max swords. (NOTE: This isn't the ideal way to do it probably, I know there are many ways to improve this)

The one biggest tip I can give you is this: BROADSWORDS!!!! They are so efficient at killing many enemies at the same time which racks up your xp gain by a lot while remaining really quick. This is the tip to getting tons of xp gain around lvl 11.

To those haters in Fort Charles.. I TOLD YOU SO! Kappa

We start off at the end of character creation. Once you finish your character and load into the game, you go straight to these dudes over here in front of fort charles:
QRLoGak.jpg

You should stay in this area until you are around lvl 5 swords. Just keep grinding them until you reach high enough level.
--
Once you are around there you should be a decently leveled (Somewhere in the ballpark of 4-5) Then you should enter Fort Charles and start farming the lower level dudes in the starting area:
m5y5e1V.jpg

Once you are a little higher and are confident you can fight the higher level dudes in the actual fort, do that.
--
Here is where it starts getting interesting. I did this when I was really low and had no business being here. You should probably go here once you are around lvl 12 to 15 since most of them are around that level. Go into Becketts Quarry in the starting areas. There are many good small groups of lower tier enemies where you can just run in circles and spam your broadsword hitting all of them, making you gain lots of xp. This is the area I did it because of how many enemies there were. I also fought the boss at the same time, but you gotta be careful of the boss since he does more damage than the rest of them along with having more health:
K4oVu0D.jpg

So I farmed the majority of my time in Becketts. The hardest part of doing this is staying focused and not giving up... I almost gave up multiple times near the end because of the fact that it gets really boring. You must stay motivated!!!!
--
SO.. Once those guys start giving you lower xp, you should switch areas. I recommend this area in El Sudoron. Its right after the pond with the boss alligator to the right. You should do the same thing in this area that you did in Becketts. Use a broadsword and run in circles constantly trying to avoid as much damage as possible, since stopping will almost certainly get you killed!
XFGf68s.jpg

--
Now time for the most mind-numbing part of the entire thing.... Tormenta. I cannot even begin to explain how boring it was to farm here for almost 8 hours straight killing the same 3 dudes in a row. You should be AT LEAST lvl 20 swords here... I was lvl 16 with lvl 20 swords and I have some problems at first. It's really hard to stay alive if you try to fight more than one at once. I recommend this area to the left of the main entrance. It's where I did, like I said almost 9 hours of my grinding.
RjKOL5T.jpg

Its not that hard if you engage one at a time. but you have to be really patient and just kill them nonstop. Once I got to tormenta I started using a rusty sabre and just hit them as much as possible for the most xp gain possible. I averaged 30-60 xp on each of them once they started going gray. But the green or yellow ones will give you MUCH more xp. Usually around 100 as long as you use a rusty sabre and dont mistime your attacks.. Once you are done you should look something like this:
kR8JdZY.jpg

-
This is pretty much how I did it. It was a really fun experience to be honest. but it was also really boring. You have to be dedicated to do this. I did it solo for the fact that it would be a lot harder, I wanted to challenge myself. If you want to try it out... go for it! You can do whatever you want and have as many people you want help you.

Last edited:
Here is some backstory for the majority of people who probably don't know what I did. Last night I started a character and did no storyline and all I did was start grinding my swords. It took me about 12 hours of boring grinding.. but in the end I enjoyed it a lot and will do this with guns in the next few days. So without further ado, here is my journey to wasting 12+ hours of my life to do nothing but max swords. (NOTE: This isn't the ideal way to do it probably, I know there are many ways to improve this)

The one biggest tip I can give you is this: BROADSWORDS!!!! They are so efficient at killing many enemies at the same time which racks up your xp gain by a lot while remaining really quick. This is the tip to getting tons of xp gain around lvl 11.

We start off at the end of character creation. Once you finish your character and load into the game, you go straight to these dudes over here in front of fort charles:
QRLoGak.jpg

You should stay in this area until you are around lvl 5 swords. Just keep grinding them until you reach high enough level.
--
Once you are around there you should be a decently leveled (Somewhere in the ballpark of 4-5) Then you should enter Fort Charles and start farming the lower level dudes in the starting area:
m5y5e1V.jpg

Once you are a little higher and are confident you can fight the higher level dudes in the actual fort, do that.
--
Here is where it starts getting interesting. I did this when I was really low and had no business being here. You should probably go here once you are around lvl 12 to 15 since most of them are around that level. Go into Becketts Quarry in the starting areas. There are many good small groups of lower tier enemies where you can just run in circles and spam your broadsword hitting all of them, making you gain lots of xp. This is the area I did it because of how many enemies there were. I also fought the boss at the same time, but you gotta be careful of the boss since he does more damage than the rest of them along with having more health:
K4oVu0D.jpg

So I farmed the majority of my time in Becketts. The hardest part of doing this is staying focused and not giving up... I almost gave up multiple times near the end because of the fact that it gets really boring. You must stay motivated!!!!
--
SO.. Once those guys start giving you lower xp, you should switch areas. I recommend this area in El Sudoron. Its right after the pond with the boss alligator to the right. You should do the same thing in this area that you did in Becketts. Use a broadsword and run in circles constantly trying to avoid as much damage as possible, since stopping will almost certainly get you killed!
XFGf68s.jpg

--
Now time for the most mind-numbing part of the entire thing.... Tormenta. I cannot even begin to explain how boring it was to farm here for almost 8 hours straight killing the same 3 dudes in a row. You should be AT LEAST lvl 20 swords here... I was lvl 16 with lvl 20 swords and I have some problems at first. It's really hard to stay alive if you try to fight more than one at once. I recommend this area to the left of the main entrance. It's where I did, like I said almost 9 hours of my grinding.
RjKOL5T.jpg

Its not that hard if you engage one at a time. but you have to be really patient and just kill them nonstop. Once I got to tormenta I started using a rusty sabre and just hit them as much as possible for the most xp gain possible. I averaged 30-60 xp on each of them once they started going gray. But the green or yellow ones will give you MUCH more xp. Usually around 100 as long as you use a rusty sabre and dont mistime your attacks.. Once you are done you should look something like this:
kR8JdZY.jpg

-
This is pretty much how I did it. It was a really fun experience to be honest. but it was also really boring. You have to be dedicated to do this. I did it solo for the fact that it would be a lot harder, I wanted to challenge myself. If you want to try it out... go for it! You can do whatever you want and have as many people you want help you.
I saw this early this morning and im still amazed :D good job and congrats

Added a poll because of a recommendation to go to 50 with my same stats and want other opinions

To those haters in Fort Charles.. I TOLD YOU SO! Kappa

QRLoGak.jpg

--
m5y5e1V.jpg

--
K4oVu0D.jpg

--
XFGf68s.jpg

--
RjKOL5T.jpg

kR8JdZY.jpg

-

This is pretty much completely the ideal way to do it. If you fight the right enemies you'll be netting around 100 rep per kill without crew bonus which is near what you make for 1 quest which you cant do nearly as fast. Especially if you use a broadsword or some AOE weapon and net an average of 50-60 per enemy you are still coming out way ahead of questing

Back