I am completely new to POTCO

Eddiemac24

Dockworker
I come from the Toontown community, so I guess you can say I'm not relatively new to all this closure nonsense. Lots of my Toontown friends have said lots about POTCO but I never really thought of trying it until now. Are there some tips I can take to play better, anything to help me just starting out?

Ahoy there and welcome!
By doing the tutorial in game you will learn most of the basics. Always good to lvl up sword a few lvls at port royal before going on your first quest but otherwise just have fun. If you see me in game (also Luna Storm) you can always ask me for help :) If I am busy helping someone at the time I will get to asap :)

:ahoy: and :welcome2: to the forums :)

I've only been here a couple of months myself, so I have few words of wisdom to offer. But, this is a great community....friendly and helpful.
There are some great guides in that Sub Forum Divine posted and the in game Tutorial is good like Luna said. It's also well worthwhile having the Wiki http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page on your 'favourites' bar for quick access. Amongst other things, you can search there by npc, mob, island or quest name for sound details of how to find/do just about anything in game.
Other than that I say....jump in, get your feet wet and have fun......you won't regret it! :cheers:

i been here for about 2 years now my tips are to level as you contine your quest dont go to ravens cove untill aleast level 30 and to level what you want to level but with luna level your sword same first

when you are asked to sail to Devil's Anvil to see Barbossa after getting your first ship (following along the quest line), go the gunshop and pick up the free flintlock pistol BEFORE sailing over. It is a known bug, if you try to do the gun tutorial, and you didnt already bring that one, you WILL crash, every time :)

Good luck and have fun!!

when you are asked to sail to Devil's Anvil to see Barbossa after getting your first ship (following along the quest line), go the gunshop and pick up the free flintlock pistol BEFORE sailing over. It is a known bug, if you try to do the gun tutorial, and you didnt already bring that one, you WILL crash, every time :)

Good luck and have fun!!
Weirdly everytime i do the cutscene it works perfectly, no crash and i recieve the pistol i guess this is only for some people.

The best tip I can provide is when in doubt check the wiki. Because of the current compass flaws, the best way to find some enemies or npc's is simply by looking it up. If you get really stuck and wiki is no help, check around the forums. Chances are someone has had the same problem and you can probably find the answer that way.

Hey welcome. I use to play toontown rewritten too but once I started playing this game I have not looked back.I have some cheat sheet that helps me out.

This is for finding certain enemy ships instead of sailing in circles for hours...
http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Stephen's_Guide_to_Finding_Enemy_Ships

This is for finding certain enemies and there level...
https://piratesforums.co/threads/enemy-level-guide.20197/

This is a guide on where you should invest your skill points in...
https://piratesforums.co/threads/skill-points.1168/

These help me when I am in a pickle and I hope it does the same for you. Good luck.

The only tip that truly matters in my opinion is to know your limits. Learn the level recommendation for each island. Do some exploring. And have some fun while doing it. Don't go to Isle Tormenta until at least level 26. You can easily defeat most of the spineskulls and flotsam that you will encounter in there. Ask a guildmate to heal you if necessary. One of the most important parts of this game is knowing where to allocate your skill points. Refer to @Jade Rose 's post for the guide on that. If you need help any time you are free to shoot me a message and I will help you every time i can. Oh, and don't test fate. Your light sloop cannot sink that revenant ;)

The only tip that truly matters in my opinion is to know your limits. Learn the level recommendation for each island. Do some exploring. And have some fun while doing it. Don't go to Isle Tormenta until at least level 26. You can easily defeat most of the spineskulls and flotsam that you will encounter in there. Ask a guildmate to heal you if necessary. One of the most important parts of this game is knowing where to allocate your skill points. Refer to @Jade Rose 's post for the guide on that. If you need help any time you are free to shoot me a message and I will help you every time i can. Oh, and don't test fate. Your light sloop cannot sink that revenant ;)
Nicely stated.

Back