Sailing I KEEP CRASHING! I WANT MY LOOT!

BradyB1999

Swashbuckler
I'm ticked. I was on a boat with some guys and recently I've been having issues with crashing, especially when out on sea. Another crash cause has been any time I change a setting. The specific was we were sailing and had a ton of good loot (seen in screenshot) and were about to port. I go into settings to change audio and BOOM the game crashes and I don't get any of that loot. I started playing today and I am ticked. Is there any way to get my loot back at least from the screenshot, we had better stuff but I want what I can get. If not, please fix this darn issue! Anytime a setting is changed I crash!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 4.25.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 4.25.45 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 219
Greetings @BradyB1999

I'm sorry to hear you lost a good amount of loot but as Stormtimbers said there is simply no way to get the loot back.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator Arabella

I can normally get the loot back any day, the fact is I CANT though. Each time I try, and the boat shoots, my game crashes. All I ask is the issue be fixed so I CAN go get my loot again.

In the time of "The Infinite Loading Screen" I was loosing 10 skull chests a day easy and had lots of days where I lost more than 20 skull chests. Your losses are insignificant. Are you on a Mac? If so you should turn the sound off before doing anything else. I'm guessing from your post that you are aware of the sound thing but if true why would you be at sea with the sound on? Maybe you have a different issue, I don't know. All part of the privilege of playing Beta.

In the time of "The Infinite Loading Screen" I was loosing 10 skull chests a day easy and had lots of days where I lost more than 20 skull chests. Your losses are insignificant. Are you on a Mac? If so you should turn the sound off before doing anything else. I'm guessing from your post that you are aware of the sound thing but if true why would you be at sea with the sound on? Maybe you have a different issue, I don't know. All part of the privilege of playing Beta.
I do have a Mac. I am not aware of a "sound issue", the reason I had sound off previously was because I was in a discord voice chat and they could here my game sounds.

I do have a Mac. I am not aware of a "sound issue", the reason I had sound off previously was because I was in a discord voice chat and they could here my game sounds.
As Roger says: sound off not turned down. Hope it helps you. In early Beta I couldn't stay on for more that a minute before crashing until someone suggested I turn the sound off, it worked better than a charm.

Last edited:
I have the same issue when were docking, but I figured out if I go stand in a corner and zoom in to where I see nothing but the wall I tend to not crash as much if at all. It's crazy but its worked for me. Lol
I havent had issues since i started running the game in comparability mode with Windows 7 either.

I have the same issue when were docking, but I figured out if I go stand in a corner and zoom in to where I see nothing but the wall I tend to not crash as much if at all. It's crazy but its worked for me. Lol
I havent had issues since i started running the game in comparability mode with Windows 7 either.
I do that with mine also , seldom have an issue , most often The porting crash is caused by the ship in motion . I stop , let go of the wheel , retake it and rotate the screen til Only the Drop anchor is shown ( You're sailing too close is vacant ) I try NOT to port at Inhabited Islands also !!

Back