"I ♥ Mood Rock" New mood rock in Hollowed Woods

Roger-Daniel

Pirate Lord
New massive mood stone surrounded by many, many mood stones. Inside I believe it says I ♥ MOOD ROCK with, what are those? Mood swords?

screenshot_2019-10-30_22-00-50.jpg
screenshot_2019-10-30_22-03-24.jpg

screenshot_2019-10-30_22-00-43.jpg
1572487772791.png

I wonder what the question mark means. Perhaps its the devs questioning how the heck I got here.
Anyway epic easteregg @The Crew

Ok I'll go ahead and divulge what I know and this could still only be be the tip of the iceberg (I suspect not at this point). Spoilers could be ahead so be warned.
First of all some neat new wall glitch areas, throwbacks, basically everything not related to the "clues" to suspected new content that I found interesting.

Through some wall glitches you can get up ontop of the new rock formation in the Hollowed Woods.
1572500171772.png
1572500205538.png

I feel like it is theoretically possible to get up here if you raise your y position up extremely high off the map and then drop down, but its not really worth doing and I couldn't find another way up.
1572500666990.png

In the Hollowed Woods town hall we can see tons of throwbacks to old or unreleased content. First of all you are greeted by two of the old figureheads that used to adorn POTCO beta ships, I think all but the frigate.
1572501154212.png

Then on either side behind the green fire are actually paintings of concept art I believe.
1572501215029.png

1572501251659.png

Behind Captain Windshadow is a shrine with The Soulweaver in the middle surrounded by Devil's Claw swords.
1572501520759.png

And finally, the building itself is actually the old guildhall model that was never released. Its really well disguised, without glitching out of bounds to see the clues to new content below I probably wouldn't have noticed.
1572502046277.png

Theres also this super cool rock elevator if you go out of bounds just jump while under.
TLOPORockElevator.gif
Real spoilers ahead at the "clues" to new content.
Alright so now for any clues that might hint to new and upcoming content. Keep in mind this is all speculation. Right behind the wall of Captain Windshadow is this display, a giant mood rock with many smaller ones surrounding "walk in" - meaning walk into the giant mood rock.
1572502650420.png

Walking into it you see " I (heart) Mood Rock" spelled out in smaller mood rocks, a model of a heart rock, and swords. These swords appear to be a new model. (Stealing the last image its way too dark in here for me to see it as I don't have the lighting glitch thanks @Johnny Goldtimbers)
PIqnJCX.png
g3Tlygq.png

Next to the left side of the Hall facing Windshadow theres this huge staircase to nowhere really.
tGuQvbG.png

However going through the hole in the right side reveals this. This is where many are confused, and I think I can shed some light.
EMcAZ1x.png

The man in the image is old concept storyboard for El Patron, its directly refering to this video below uploaded by an Ex POTCO developer.
If you notice, El Patron references the Headstone in this. If you are unfamiliar with the headstone it was a cut storyline from POTCO. Planned to be the second story quest, it seems to have undergone many iterations, even seemingly to have been incorporated into Raven's Cove at one point, but it was cut from the game. Here was another cut cutscene from the game which introduced the quest. This was actually in the game at one point, but removed after they decided not to continue with it.

The skull on the rock I feel is another reference to the Headstone.

The gravestone shaped icon with a P on it of course is a reference to the headstone = gravestone. However I'm unsure of what the P could mean. Possibly Padres as thats where it was originally said to be hidden.

That leaves the 3 images on the bottom left. The first image is most definitely Kingshead and is likely a refrence to upcoming content coming to kingshead that has been teased before.

The second image I finally was able to find (or rather was told) some information on. On TLOPO's website in the "Whats new section" appears a strikingly similar image of the island. It will likely have a new enemy type on it, spiders, as shown in the large poster.
skuBJOG.png

And the third image is a waterfall with a Stump enemy. This waterfall appears in almost every single jungle location in game and stumps don't ever appear up on it like in this image. The closest thing is El Sudoron as it has both this waterfall, and stump enemies. I checked this location or anything and there is nothing of interest.

There also appears to be a lava flow in the background.

Here are all my interpretations:
82tgSPY.png

Perhaps the 3 images are a sequence of events in finding the headstone. Do something at Kingshead, something more at this unkown island, and then finally ending at Padres in El Sudoron finding the headstone there. Perhaps I'm also reading way too far into it.

EDIT: Updated theory.
EDIT2: Updated image with thing I hadn't noticed before.
EDIT3: Mysterious island photo from TLOPO Website

Last edited:
dang i thought i was the first to find this stuff ! but it's a really cute easter egg and i'm really glad the devs keep hiding mood rock and encouraging a little boundary breaking.

New massive mood stone surrounded by many, many mood stones. Inside I believe it says I ♥ MOOD ROCK with, what are those? Mood swords?

View attachment 116778View attachment 116780
View attachment 116781View attachment 116782

I wonder what the question mark means. Perhaps its the devs questioning how the heck I got here.
Anyway epic easteregg @The Crew
This is amazing!
I am very delighted to see that some of the devs still remember and cherish my memory.
If Mood Swords actually became a real item, I would be speechless.
Or, as speechless as a rock can be.
While Mood Rock may not be back, I feel that these--especially this shrine--are the best alternatives.
I would have commented on this way earlier, but I wasn't in the mood to do so. Sorry about that.

Back