I think crashing had gotten worse

Stormtimbers

Pirate Lord
The last time I played was about 2 weeks ago because I got sick of the constant crashing, but I logged on today and I crashed three times in about three minutes.

The first time I didn't even get in to the character screen, it just crashed on the loading screen. I thought "if it crashes on the loading screen again I'm not going to waste any more time", except it got on to the character screen this time, so I was a bit more optimistic. I was able to check my friends list and kill two enemies before it crashed again. I thought "Well, at least I got in game this time, I'll try again" and then I crash while loading into the game again.

The last time I played was about 2 weeks ago because I got sick of the constant crashing, but I logged on today and I crashed three times in about three minutes.

The first time I didn't even get in to the character screen, it just crashed on the loading screen. I thought "if it crashes on the loading screen again I'm not going to waste any more time", except it got on to the character screen this time, so I was a bit more optimistic. I was able to check my friends list and kill two enemies before it crashed again. I thought "Well, at least I got in game this time, I'll try again" and then I crash while loading into the game again.

did you verify that on your options screen there was a check in the vsync box? It used to be default to ON, but after one of the updates the default went to Off, so many people had issues with that. Just a thought, hopefully you can get on :)

did you verify that on your options screen there was a check in the vsync box? It used to be default to ON, but after one of the updates the default went to Off, so many people had issues with that. Just a thought, hopefully you can get on :)
Hmm I never thought about that. Thanks Katnypp!

I don't have vsync on, and I don't crash often. Just turn off music, sound, and put everything to low and uncheck everything. With vsync, my fps drops to like 15-20 average, and lower when near enemies. Without vsync, im at 40-60 fps average and around 20 when around enemies.. Idk for me when vsync is on, my fps drops extremely low, thus leading to crashing..

The best thing I did for crashes was just reset my PC. I know that is unfortunate and all but I crash once every 2 or so hours.

Back