I'm needing some Ideas

Do you think I will be an author one day from what you think my personality is?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I'm sorry, but no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe... I don't know...

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
I need some Ideas for a story and names, I have writer's block... I need the ideas for science fiction or realistic fiction books with the characters having supernatural powers, or they are supernatural creatures.
It really depends on what you'd like the setting to be and or what you want it to be about. I found that for me if it is something of interest to myself or a way of writing my life out through fiction that I have more ideas and better ability to write things out.

Also, I don't think it really matters what your personality is as a writer. There are plenty of cool writers, not so cool writers, etc. that are all over the personality "spectrum". If you'd like to get into technicality you already are a writer/author by writing or authoring something. I think you want to know if people will like your work ;)

Write about something you really enjoy, or have thought of frequently and studied. For instance the story I am writing on these forums, "Another Love Story" I have thought through it many many times. I already know the general plot, how the story will end up and how it begins as well as the events that will happen.

This is how I go about creative writing, a different method may work better for some people.
Think about an event in your mind and go through some events that could lead up to it, can be in it, and result from it.
For instance, in my story, I know that Vera's car will break down so they will drive to the observatory together. I also know that they will stop at a gas station on the way and some interesting things will happen there.
Replay these events in your mind over and over and over again. They WILL change but this is good because as you think about them more you will notice flaws in the plot and your mind will automatically correct them.

Then just write. Add in details here and there. I find describing the main character and the setting in the beginning a very very good starting place, for both the author and the reader. This helps you, the author, get started. Descriptions of characters and setting isn't exactly hard to do. And this sets the tone for what the story will be about and helps the reader to connect with the character. End the first chapter, or section if you are writing a short story with a "hook." Basically a cliffhanger to entice the reader to keep reading.

When in doubt, read other stories and books. Look at how other authors write and remember the writing styles you like. It is okay to copy a style of writing, but not to actually copy the writing.

Well, tough to say about writers block as it really depends on the kind of person you are. For instance I end up daydreaming a lot so usually I can think of things and wing them on the spot, however for me it is a matter of piecing everything together as it's not so much the destination as it is the journey. Plus if I am stuck I usually go play The World Ends With You or Kingdom Hearts or any other show/game with a convoluted story it helps me think:p

For those who are too lazy to read that (like me!): Overcoming writers block is something that everyone does differently, and when all else fails go watch something interesting and/or related to what you're writing

Inspirations may come from the strangest of places, and at the strangest of times, it depends on the individual, and where your head is pointed in a particular moment, as to if you notice it or not. Writers block is a pain, you are literally a car sitting in the driveway with no gas, and you have places to go. It's normal to have trouble coming up with a starting point, in fact, it may be the most difficult part, so don't sweat it, it will pass.

There are many places that have a good deal of sci fi materials to browse over, book and video stores, (both online and off), libraries, or even comic book stores also have a fair amount. Actually, some of the PEOPLE in the comic stores may give you inspiration too, think Big Bang Theory people. Yikes!

It's fun to hack around the forums with stories, but I cannot imagine being a writer for a living though. It is a tough profession, mentally and emotionally, as you often leave a very large piece of yourself in each story. Hemingway was asked about it once, and his response was, "Writing is easy, you just wake up everyday and you bleed into the typewriter." He was a fairly gruff guy, but he absolutely nailed the feeling. I hope you find your Muse soon Kiara, and we get to read some of your stories, good luck!

Inspirations may come from the strangest of places, and at the strangest of times, it depends on the individual, and where your head is pointed in a particular moment, as to if you notice it or not. Writers block is a pain, you are literally a car sitting in the driveway with no gas, and you have places to go. It's normal to have trouble coming up with a starting point, in fact, it may be the most difficult part, so don't sweat it, it will pass.

There are many places that have a good deal of sci fi materials to browse over, book and video stores, (both online and off), libraries, or even comic book stores also have a fair amount. Actually, some of the PEOPLE in the comic stores may give you inspiration too, think Big Bang Theory people. Yikes!

It's fun to hack around the forums with stories, but I cannot imagine being a writer for a living though. It is a tough profession, mentally and emotionally, as you often leave a very large piece of yourself in each story. Hemingway was asked about it once, and his response was, "Writing is easy, you just wake up everyday and you bleed into the typewriter." He was a fairly gruff guy, but he absolutely nailed the feeling. I hope you find your Muse soon Kiara, and we get to read some of your stories, good luck!

In fact, just around the time you posted that, I came up with what the next part is! When a relative read the story, she said that she was amazed at how well I make the story flow, since I don't have a whole lot of erasing or crossing out (I didn't have any crossed out parts, I make my stories neat) and well, I just fell it flow; I have an idea of what should happen now or later in the story, so I just get a paper and pencil, and I just write. I just let it flow, and if I'm really caught up in writing, I hardly take the time to think what happens next, and I feel exited to learn what happens next, and well, I feel as if the Greek goddess of intelligence is looking at my writing, cheering me on and giving me inspiration, and well, so many musicians, authors, friends and family, and just people who like to help others have given me so much inspiration that I just feel as if I just can, if you know what that feels like, to reign your dreams to life, to sort of pull them out of your head and just work with what you like best. So I would just really give my thanks to everyone who replied and will reply to this, all the great authors who improved my vocabulary and dreams, and all the musicians and relatives who gave me the overpowering urge to just have a pencil and paper just with that first Idea, from an old song, gave me the idea to write my first story, but I gave up on that story, since my writer's block built such a thick wall, and I had so many different ideas for different stories.

Well, tough to say about writers block as it really depends on the kind of person you are. For instance I end up daydreaming a lot so usually I can think of things and wing them on the spot, however for me it is a matter of piecing everything together as it's not so much the destination as it is the journey. Plus if I am stuck I usually go play The World Ends With You or Kingdom Hearts or any other show/game with a convoluted story it helps me think:p

For those who are too lazy to read that (like me!): Overcoming writers block is something that everyone does differently, and when all else fails go watch something interesting and/or related to what you're writing

On my opinion, listening to music or reading books that gave me the ideas for the story works best, and sometimes just thinking of other stories that I wrote but gave up on, like my first story.

Often here on the forums, I am reminded of some movie I have seen and because of that I would like to include both of the videos below to remind you that "writer's block" truly sucks and that it does, unfortunately, plague all of us!

:moon: :singing:

*Despite the challenges of this particular task you are working on, I wish you luck and look forward (perhaps) to reading a few of these stories you do happen to write, @Kiara Catelden. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Often here on the forums, I am reminded of some movie I have seen and because of that I would like to include both of the videos below to remind you that "writer's block" truly sucks and that it does, unfortunately, plague all of us!

:moon: :singing:

*Despite the challenges of this particular task you are working on, I wish you luck and look forward (perhaps) to reading a few of these stories you do happen to write, @Kiara Catelden. :)
The other story you tagged me on is the exact story I'm writing that I got writer's block! (exept I'm much further than chapter one, I'm just copying it from my notebook.

OK, writing another book, needing to know the title! Argh! The main character is a warrior for a huge ancient Greek castle, and his name is Ite. (Yeah, I make up unusual names for characters :) ) He usually wears a helmet, a red cloak burnt and tattered at the bottom, a tight Greek toga with an uplifted collar, and black laced boots. He has black leather half gloves, and some armor on his sword arm shoulder. He has black pants and he is often called Warrior of the Night. nobody knows, but he can turn into metal. I got the idea from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so you might recognize a few things from that game (if you play it; if you don't, it's for the Wii, and it's really, really, REALLLLLLLLY awesome) such as Link, Zelda, Ike, Marth, Pit, Kirby, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Zero Suit/ Samus, Ridley, Pikachu, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer. They, of course, won't have these names, but I just got the idea from them.

Last edited:
umm... well not sure I can really help with that without some extra details as to where the plot will go, also while on the topic of Smash Bros. get the new game it's amazing.

Sorry I was not here for a long time. Anyways, I'm alive again, and do you mean Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Because I have that game for Wii. And it's ok if you can't help me on that story. I've given up on it.

Well, smash bros 3ds/wii u is out and it is amazing! But I am sad to hear you gave up on your story, I suppose sometimes the idea just doesn't work out :oops:

Well, smash bros 3ds/wii u is out and it is amazing! But I am sad to hear you gave up on your story, I suppose sometimes the idea just doesn't work out :oops:
Yeah. But, did you check out my fan fiction? The beginning is from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and the rest is based off of that and SSBB

XD no I am afraid I did not check that out, though considering the amount of time I have put into smash and the movie that made me hate toys R' us due to me not getting a mew I may have to :cool:

XD no I am afraid I did not check that out, though considering the amount of time I have put into smash and the movie that made me hate toys R' us due to me not getting a mew I may have to :cool:
I really can't believe that last year I basically only knew Pikachu as any Pokemon. Now, after less than a month of watching Pokemon, I love it. The first Episode I watched was in the middle of Ash, Misty and Brock (IDK how to spell his name) were trying to find a way to defeat Sabrina. I fell in love with it in just a snap.

Last edited:
I really can't believe that last year I basically only knew Pikachu as any Pokemon. Now, after less than a month of watching Pokemon, I love it. The first Episode I watched was in the middle of Ash, Misty and Broc (IDK how to spell his name) were trying to find a way to defeat Sabrina. I fell in love with it in just a snap.
Just missing a K hehe

o.0 only knew pikachu! wow...Then again I play the games and am able to name a lot more than I should lol! Speaking of stories though that anime has really gone down hill, origins however was amazing.

o.0 only knew pikachu! wow...Then again I play the games and am able to name a lot more than I should lol! Speaking of stories though that anime has really gone down hill, origins however was amazing.
Yeah. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, it's just that my mind was a bit off track. Well, anyways, I wish I could draw Anime. My friend, Meow, once drew Ash and Lucario for me. She was so good at it, and I'm so jealous of her!

Back