Improving TLOPO Textures

I got bored so I decided to improve the quality of some of the textures on TLOPO here are the results:
dj_palifico_comparison.png

jr_1_comparison.png

male_comparison.png

zombie_comparison.png
Ship_Comparison.png

EDIT: You might have to zoom in on some of them to notice anything

Are these the same resolution just without as noisy of textures? Also I could be wrong but some of these kinda look like an oil paint filter. Nevertheless, it would be a cool resource pack to have in the future putting more of an artistic smooth look to the textures.

Are these the same resolution just without as noisy of textures? Also I could be wrong but some of these kinda look like an oil paint filter. Nevertheless, it would be a cool resource pack to have in the future putting more of an artistic smooth look to the textures.

They're upscaled so it's higher res

EDIT: Here's an example
pir_t_inv_pot_holyWater_original.jpg
pir_t_inv_pot_holyWater.jpg

Hopefully they add the ability to make content packs (I've heard this is a possibility in the future)

They repack their phase files some fancy way and if they revealed or released that repacking algorithim/method people would modify their games and I don't know if they want this to be done, Im unsure. because I already unpacked all phase files and did texture modifications and then repacked them and the game wouldn't work.

They repack their phase files some fancy way and if they revealed or released that repacking algorithim/method people would modify their games and I don't know if they want this to be done, Im unsure. because I already unpacked all phase files and did texture modifications and then repacked them and the game wouldn't work.

That's not my point my point was in the future i'd like them to add a folder specifically for content packs which is exactly what TTR did

hum I didnt know that was a thing. I was just pointing out I had remade Dire Wasp Texture to actually be Bee/Wasp Colored (Yellow and Black) yet when I tried to repack the files using the proper method to repack phase files game couldn't read it cause im assuming they have a proprietary version or modification to how the files are repacked or their header is different or somethin'

hum I didnt know that was a thing. I was just pointing out I had remade Dire Wasp Texture to actually be Bee/Wasp Colored (Yellow and Black) yet when I tried to repack the files using the proper method to repack phase files game couldn't read it cause im assuming they have a proprietary version or modification to how the files are repacked or their header is different or somethin'
They pack their resource files with the default Panda3D way of doing it. Using Multifile.exe to pack the assets in .mf file archives. But when the game is launched the phase file's md5 sum is checked to see if they are indeed legitimate (untampered/updated) if they are not the same md5 sum the game will re-download that particular archive file. They do this for two reasons: 1 - to check if the game needs to update the files, and 2 - to prevent model editing as the collision masks are stored with the model.

They pack their resource files with the default Panda3D way of doing it. Using Multifile.exe to pack the assets in .mf file archives. But when the game is launched the phase file's md5 sum is checked to see if they are indeed legitimate (untampered/updated) if they are not the same md5 sum the game will re-download that particular archive file. They do this for two reasons: 1 - to check if the game needs to update the files, and 2 - to prevent model editing as the collision masks are stored with the model.
The phase files are digitally signed as well. Any non-official copy of phase files will not run. TLOPO.exe itself can check to see if the files are legitimate or not. If they're not legitimate it'll crash from an invalid signature.

I know they were wanting to allow texture packs. If they ever were to do so, there'd be a texture pack folder and they'd be selected/loaded through the launcher and ONLY sounds and textures would be loaded, not models.

It's called protecting their property. People can't just change things and expect them to work in another intellectual property. Nice idea though.

Back