Suggestion Increase ship slot count

Sky Kiwi

Pirate Master
With POTCO's release of the Brig and ship customization, there has been a key problem with sailing. There's too much variety for any one pirate to handle!

Before, three ship slots is all we needed. A War Ship of each type (Sloop, Galleon, Frigate), or if you were SvS oriented you would often forsake the War Galleon for a Light Sloop.

Now, however, not only do we have four ship types (darn you, Brig!) we also have five different hull types, only counting the tier 6's.

I'm sure there's many of you out there that, like me, feel we could use at least one more ship slot. Many people will argue that you can easily ditch the Galleon - firstly that argument is kinda lame, the Galleon shouldn't be ignored, it should be made into a viable ship. Secondly, you also run into hull variety problems. Personally I want two War Sloops - one Storm Chaser and one Copperhead (or Skull & Bones). That leaves me with only one slot remaining, and three ships I want!

The other argument is to buy the other ships on another pirate, but there's plenty of people out there like me who don't like having "alts" at all. I understand the appeal of going through the levels again, doing quests and "starting fresh" without your items, but it's sadly not for me. I also find a nuisance when it comes to character names, guilds, infamy, actual community fame, and friendships too.

So TL;DR: Can we have more ship slots to account for the increase in ship variety since POTCO's release?

Totally agree with every point said here! I would love to have 4-8 slots for multiple upgraded war brigs, frigates, and sloops, along with a light sloop. I would even be willing to spend gold, materials, or other stuff to get more slots. I would use up to 8, but even just one more is better and reasonable for me. I want some room to have different ship types with different upgrades. I have heard this suggested before, but I haven't heard much about decisions. I hope more slots make their way to the devs ears and then into the game!

Love the idea! I think 5 is a good number. Maybe that's because I'm a little OCD and I love pretty numbers, but also in case we see a new addition or if pirates can't handle 4 slots for all of their customization needs!

Love the idea! I think 5 is a good number. Maybe that's because I'm a little OCD and I love pretty numbers, but also in case we see a new addition or if pirates can't handle 4 slots for all of their customization needs!
I would one up you to 6, but I agree that 5 is a great number for slots.

EDIT: 5, just in case ships get leaked again, like they did in POTCO. :p

Totally agree with every point said here! I would love to have 4-8 slots for multiple upgraded war brigs, frigates, and sloops, along with a light sloop. I would even be willing to spend gold, materials, or other stuff to get more slots. I would use up to 8, but even just one more is better and reasonable for me. I want some room to have different ship types with different upgrades. I have heard this suggested before, but I haven't heard much about decisions. I hope more slots make their way to the devs ears and then into the game!
I was going to say I'd pay for slots and stuff, but I didn't want to go overboard with the suggestion.

Hopefully increasing ship slots is as easy for the devs as changing a few numbers. I'm sure it's a little more than that, but the point was I wanted the change to be easy for them. Requiring costs, quests, etc would be much more complicated, especially since then each pirate could have a different number of slots available to them - something POTCO was never made to do.

Personally the more the better, I'm sure I could use up every slot if there were 10 of them. But I doubt they'd give us 10 slots lol.

I would one up you to 6, but I agree that 5 is a great number for slots.
It really doesn't matter to me. I always swapped ships in POTCO because keeping the same 3 on a maxed pirate seemed redundant. :D Glad someone suggested this, forgot it was such a real issue since I only have one warship now

Maybe just gold? Special quest from shipwrights? Devs could go a few ways with this idea!
I like the quest idea. Maybe we should have a poll about the increase of ship slots? (Just for fun/stats!)

Maybe we could increase the slots to 6, one for each major island? have a different slot quest for each island. PR would still only have one quest, even with the two shipwrights.

I just made a point for those saying we already have enough slots. Whoopsies.
Designated SvS ship, material gatherer, money maker, destination sailing (fast), destination sailing (luxury), party ship, aesthetics ship (your favourite hull/sails), another designated SvS ship (Light Sloops!), a third designated SvS ship (If your first was a Sloop, now you need a Frigate. Vice versa).

There, is that better?

Designated SvS ship, material gatherer, money maker, destination sailing (fast), destination sailing (luxury), party ship, aesthetics ship (your favourite hull/sails), another designated SvS ship (Light Sloops!), a third designated SvS ship (If your first was a Sloop, now you need a Frigate. Vice versa).

There, is that better?
YES. You did so well! *head pat* You did well, you did well...

Just to preempt any post about "just make a new character", it is hard, and time consuming, enough to simply have one high level character that can even sail the war class ships. having enough room on one character to have all the ships you want is most defiantly the best option for those who play the game and love to sail.

I'll always support having more ship slots. I'd say either four (one of each War ship) or five (one of each max ship hull customization) would be a great place to start!

I think one slot for each ship type is very reasonable... As far as variations though, I simply started another pirate (who will eventually be level 50 like Remington) who will have additional hull variations... To be able to have and do everything with a single pirate..... well that just doesn't feel right to me as a serious gamer who remembers when Pong was released. (O_O) I'd eventually like to have three or four pirates that cover each and every little nuance that appeals to me. :)

The ship cap should remain at three. If you don't have to give something up to have something that you want more, the item is less valuable. A player should have to choose one ship that they do not want to have so that the fact that they are able to have the other ships is more meaningful.

A player should have to choose one ship that they do not want to have so that the fact that they are able to have the other ships is more meaningful.

I don't agree with this reasoning. What if you had to choose three weapon types and couldn't carry any others until you got rid of one? Why does this logic apply to ships but not everything else?

Besides, we don't have to give up anything if we use multiple pirates. But a lot of us don't find the concept of multiple pirates any fun.

Back