Website Internet Connection Unexpectedly Broken...

C

Crashalot

I'm sorry, but when the server crashes, and nearly burns down half the state of California, can we please stop saying the internet connection was broken? Please?
We know the servers can't handle the load, for whatever coding issues it may be, but please, stop making it seem like the interwebs have stopped working, please.
I've reached the end of the internet several times, and it aint TLOPO !

I'm sorry, but when the server crashes, and nearly burns down half the state of California, can we please stop saying the internet connection was broken? Please?
We know the servers can't handle the load, for whatever coding issues it may be, but please, stop making it seem like the interwebs have stopped working, please.
I've reached the end of the internet several times, and it aint TLOPO !
When the server crashes, it can't tell your client that it crashed. It can't tell your client anything! It crashed!

Our game exits because we don't receive any data from the server for a certain amount of time. That's the only way it knows something is wrong. If you actually do lose internet connection, the game would see the exact same thing.

The best they could do is say "Your internet connection has a problem. Or the server crashed. One of the two. Most likely. But also maybe not."

When the server crashes, it can't tell your client that it crashed. It can't tell your client anything! It crashed!

Our game exits because we don't receive any data from the server for a certain amount of time. That's the only way it knows something is wrong. If you actually do lose internet connection, the game would see the exact same thing.

The best they could do is say "Your internet connection has a problem. Or the server crashed. One of the two. Most likely. But also maybe not."
Sorry, but NO!
I want to see an error report that clearly states the server has caught fire and the chipmonks running on the treadmills powering it have been rescued by trained chimps!

crashalot this makes me think you don't understand what beta is there is expected to be bugs like your internet broking it happens to everyone not just you this page could be took down for drama also internet broken does not mean the server broke it means your internet broke only this error msg is correct and will not be changed to that since this a pirates game so theres no treadmills understand this any feather saying nos @MMDR will then have to say the samething I did

crashalot this makes me think you don't understand what beta is there is expected to be bugs like your internet broking it happens to everyone not just you this page could be took down for drama also internet broken does not mean the server broke it means your internet broke only this error msg is correct and will not be changed to that since this a pirates game so theres no treadmills understand this any feather saying nos @MMDR will then have to say the samething I did
What feather? LOL
Get a grip!

Public reminder: Please keep all posts to this thread friendly and on topic.

tenor.gif

Public reminder: Please keep all posts to this thread friendly and on topic.

tenor.gif
A few things:
1. My dog is derpier.

2. I don't mind a basic error message, I just wish it would happen a bit less frequently... but this is beta- no helping the fact that crashes will occur... even on the best mat run ever. :'(

3. Let's keep it civil, mates... don't want DerpDog to get the DerpDog Security hound, do you...?20170814_225822[1].jpg
EDIT: Pic was HUGE...

Sorry, but NO!
I want to see an error report that clearly states the server has caught fire and the chipmonks running on the treadmills powering it have been rescued by trained chimps!

Well, you can certainly check the client log in your installation folder to see what might be going on. I'm not sure if information such as functions and file paths are obfuscated withinin the log due to the compiler or not, but that should give you a general idea of what caused the client to crash or all of a sudden, or in your case(s) result in a disconnect from the server.

Well, you can certainly check the client log in your installation folder to see what might be going on. I'm not sure if information such as functions and file paths are obfuscated withinin the log due to the compiler or not, but that should give you a general idea of what caused the client to crash or all of a sudden, or in your case(s) result in a disconnect from the server.
Dude, be cool. It's a joke.

Not necessarily easy to spot sarcasm online via forums.
Seriously?
Server fires burning down half the state of California?
Interwebs?
Chipmonks on treadmills powering servers?
Trained rescue chimps?
OK, I'm sorry if those things exist in your world mate, my bad.

Here's what it looks like, and it's got nothing related to the interwebs.
My brother and I will be sailing, and I get this random message and he doesn't, or vice versa, and the server is still populated.
It happens so frequently lately that it's hardly "unexpected"... in fact, it's practically the norm.
Seeing as one might have to sink up to 80 ships at times, just to get rid of all the wooden crate loot, it becomes a major issue.
screenshot_2017-08-15_14-17-56.jpg

I agree that the "loss of server connection" error can be a bit misinforming at times. The best solution I can think of is to extend it to include something along the lines of "Either our servers have crashed, or your internet connection has failed." Then again, it's still beta.

Back