Is there gonna be discussion of the Test Server on the forums?

Ralatch

Pirate Apprentice
I’m really interested in seeing what kind of performance boosts there are since I don’t have access to the servers and I haven’t seen anyone post anything yet. All I’ve seen was the load times compared by the TLOPO team themselves. Could anyone with access show some comparisons?

Give the testers some time to reach level 50, once a few members are able to get that far and group up with staves, nades, and all other manner of previously lag causing item, I'm sure we will be able to see the improvements
I know they can’t test situations where you would get 10 FPS yet, but even walking around with 40-50 FPS is quite low imo and I’m curious to see if this has been improved. Toontown Rewritten has done an update similar to this and my FPS just walking around went from 50-60 to 120!

I know they can’t test situations where you would get 10 FPS yet, but even walking around with 40-50 FPS is quite low imo and I’m curious to see if this has been improved. Toontown Rewritten has done an update similar to this and my FPS just walking around went from 50-60 to 120!
I will say I had the chance to log in for a few minutes last night and I'm my gtx 2080 I was running at a solid 160+ fps on port Royal and fort Charles

I'm rocking a solid 80-100 fps when not doing anything intensive, and around 60-70 when doing something like sailing with a lot of ships. And my graphics card is only a 1070!

Last edited:
yeah dude the difference is night and day on any system (i tried 3 different ones). Went from maybe 30 fps avg on a decently populated server to 90+ on the test server. It's spicy as heck. Makes pvp way more fun.
Jesus that’s insane. I was a beta tester and have been playing off and on only because of performance and bugs. I remember when the game was released to the open I was getting like 15 FPS walking around because of the rain. It has come a long way but there was still room for improvement so I’m happy that this update is coming out.

May i ask why they wouldnt just give everyone who is interested in testing the new server the choice to? I know more will be able to later on but why not now? Wouldn't it make sense to have as many playing as possible so every aspect that needs to be tested would get done quicker.. as well as testing the higher population count on the server? Just curious :)

May i ask why they wouldnt just give everyone who is interested in testing the new server the choice to? I know more will be able to later on but why not now? Wouldn't it make sense to have as many playing as possible so every aspect that needs to be tested would get done quicker.. as well as testing the higher population count on the server? Just curious :)
I think it's because they have limited servers, only 2 on the test game, and with a ton of people on them they would need to allocate more resources than they may have wanted to the test server to prevent lag and load on the servers. This is why they invited limited people who they knew could help the test server in some sort of way, whether that be having a large understanding of the game's mechanics and how to find bugs/glitches to report, or being active on the forums to talk about new features and provide suggestions for the entire community to see. Also they probably didn't want to have everyone on the test server, leaving the production servers empty. Just my guesses

Blondie357
Honorable Pirate

26 minutes ago

While I won't drop the entire plate for a reply here, the basis of it is most definitely under the realm of:

- If we have too many players on the Test Server, it'll be even more difficult to keep track of bugs, and to organize feedback. There's a lot we currently ask of the testers that are available to login atop of keeping us regularly updated with issues that arise, and it quite frankly isn't possible to keep that up if we have too many players online, or as @Roger-Daniel stated:

Also they probably didn't want to have everyone on the test server, leaving the production servers empty.

- Not everyone's a good cookie. Let's just put it that way. There's no point of having everybody login to a test server if they aren't going to test. We don't need another server specifically for Tortuga standing, if that makes sense.

- Lots of bugs require isolated group testing, I.E. responding through Discord in regards to ways to reproduce the issue and getting all available feedback when it comes to making sure that these issues are taken care of before they make their way to the Live Server.

With that being said, the Test Server interest system likely isn't too far in the future, so stay tuned for when that is officially announced!

While I won't drop the entire plate for a reply here, the basis of it is most definitely under the realm of:

- If we have too many players on the Test Server, it'll be even more difficult to keep track of bugs, and to organize feedback. There's a lot we currently ask of the testers that are available to login atop of keeping us regularly updated with issues that arise, and it quite frankly isn't possible to keep that up if we have too many players online, or as @Roger-Daniel stated:

- Not everyone's a good cookie. Let's just put it that way. There's no point of having everybody login to a test server if they aren't going to test. We don't need another server specifically for Tortuga standing, if that makes sense.

- Lots of bugs require isolated group testing, I.E. responding through Discord in regards to ways to reproduce the issue and getting all available feedback when it comes to making sure that these issues are taken care of before they make their way to the Live Server.

With that being said, the Test Server interest system likely isn't too far in the future, so stay tuned for when that is officially announced!
To add on to what Misha said, the Live server is still very much a test server (because it's Beta still) on it's own right now.

Wait, is there a test server discord we can report issues through as well?

Back