Suggestion Isla Cruces, Ironclads, and... crossdressing?

Dumbrarere

Sea Legs
This is going to be a 3-part suggestion, so bare with me.

Isla Cruces - A small island in the Caribbean that was once inhabited, before the Church of England came, bringing with them salvation, disease, and death, which left the island deserted. The small town can be seen and visited, but recently, the dead townsfolk have been walking from their graves at the command of Jolly Rodger. Legend has it that the Dead Man's Chest, containing the still beating heart of Davy Jones, is buried somewhere on this island. (contains high level undead, possible story questline revolving around Dead Man's Chest, and a whole new wild island to explore (and maroon people on))

Ironclads - The most fearsome warship in the Carribean, consisting of a ship with iron hull plating. An elite-level ship, the ironclad is a dream ship that many consider to be unsinkable. Their excellent defense and higher than average gun capacity make them exceptional as fleet command ships. They are slow, however, and vulnerable to the worst the Caribbean has to offer, and their construction makes them the most expensive ships on the high seas (about six million gold for an Ironclad Brig, in fact!) and their elite-level status means that certain prerequisites must be met (the details of which are to be discussed at length)! Recently, the EITC has fielded some ironclad ships to deal with the growing threats of sea serpents, the Kraken, and even Jolly Roger himself (mixed in with high-level ships near Isla Escondita, maybe?). (New top-tier ship level, powerful, but really expensive and really difficult to obtain. Locked and unusable in PVP sea battles due to their potentially game breaking nature. customize-able but not upgrade-able. Think the HMS Warrior, minus steam propulsion, for the picture.)

crossdressing - not much to explain about this, other than the fact that it has been used as a means of espionage and deception by pirates.

Some ideas on how to make this really doable would be nice.

Last edited:
I like the first two ideas.

Cross-dressing would be funny to see, but would get old quickly. Another factor is that it would be an unnecessary addition to the game that’s time-consuming as well as difficult to implement (unless new clothing items are made for that specific purpose).

The ironclads would not be historically accurate. The first ironclad launched was in 1859, roughly a century after this time period. The first time ironclads were even used in combat was in 1862 during the Civil War, when the USS Monitor took on the CSS Virginia. During the time period that the game is set in, they didn't have the knowledge to build a warship's hull completely out of steel, much less the entire ship, and still have it float and be able to maneuver. And we can't forget, the ironclads were not wind powered sailing ships, they had to be powered by steam engines, as the huge weight of an iron ship was too much for the sails to be able to move. These ships are just far too technologically advanced for this time period, and wouldn't make much sense being in the game anyways.

As for the crossdressing, I don't really see the need or practicality for it.

(Enough with the negatives, on to the positive :3)
I like the idea of adding Isla Cruces into the game at some point. It would add much more to the game if we were able to have a story quest that involved Davy Jones, and the choice to become captain of the Flying Dutchman by stabbing his heart at the end, or refusing to do so and have someone else do it. I'm not entirely sure how it would be implemented, but it would be interesting to see how the developers approach this :)

The ironclads would not be historically accurate. The first ironclad launched was in 1859, roughly a century after this time period. The first time ironclads were even used in combat was in 1862 during the Civil War, when the USS Monitor took on the CSS Virginia. During the time period that the game is set in, they didn't have the knowledge to build a warship's hull completely out of steel, much less the entire ship, and still have it float and be able to maneuver. And we can't forget, the ironclads were not wind powered sailing ships, they had to be powered by steam engines, as the huge weight of an iron ship was too much for the sails to be able to move. These ships are just far too technologically advanced for this time period, and wouldn't make much sense being in the game anyways.

As for the crossdressing, I don't really see the need or practicality for it.

(Enough with the negatives, on to the positive :3)
I like the idea of adding Isla Cruces into the game at some point. It would add much more to the game if we were able to have a story quest that involved Davy Jones, and the choice to become captain of the Flying Dutchman by stabbing his heart at the end, or refusing to do so and have someone else do it. I'm not entirely sure how it would be implemented, but it would be interesting to see how the developers approach this :)
I’m not sure if Davy Jones should be implemented.

I’d like to see the devs remove POTCO movie characters from the game in the future and perhaps rename some of the movie islands. Toontown Rewritten is managing their project in a highly professional manner and removed Disney characters to ensure that they don’t upset Disney and their game lives on.

I have no idea whether this would make TLOPO less susceptible to legal issues or not but would like to see it happen so nothing goes wrong.

I’d like to see the devs remove POTCO movie characters from the game in the future and perhaps rename some of the movie islands. Toontown Rewritten is managing their project in a highly professional manner and removed Disney characters to ensure that they don’t upset Disney and their game lives on.

What TLOPO is trying to do is show PotCO as it was before it got shut down. Removing the disney characters would ruin that idea (and the game in general).

True, but I was hoping for a far less advanced ironclad (like HMS Warrior, which was a traditional wooden-hulled ship with iron plating. Take that, minus the steam propulsion). Since this is Pirates of the Caribbean, (and we've seen Salazar's ship have dreadnought-style gun barbettes in Pirates 5 for some reason) it's likely that historical accuracy is less important than good storywriting. That doesn't mean, however, that I don't see the reasoning behind your comment.

Back