Isn't it Ironic?

• You betcha!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Meh!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

A few months ago, a brief video interview conducted by the celebrity/entertainment news conglomerate TMZ interviewed Disney CEO - Robert Iger - asking him directly as to which Disney (theme-park) ride was his most "favorite."

Can you guess which ride Bob Iger revealed as his most favorite?

According to the TMZ video, Iger happily :piratemickey:answered back, "Pirates of the Caribbean." :confused:

- Now, isn't that IRONIC :facepalm:?!?

(Note: Due to the 'nature' of how TMZ cut away from the video to discuss Iger's answer, I will not post the video
itself but it can be found on youtube if you search for 'Bob Iger's favorite ride')

It's quite an interesting answer and in many ways can be interpreted differently. The way I see it many scenarios may very well have played out:

1. Iger did care about the POTC Franchise but did not give what one may call "best effort" to preserve the franchise.
  2. Iger may have, depending on the time this video was made, trying to promote the franchise as a new movie may have been or is coming out.
  3. Iger is just too busy with his bonuses! :D
  4. Iger is too busy with bonuses but may not necessarily possess all the power to do what we would have liked to have done? Sounds unlikely but one may never know, there are some very manipulative Second-In-Command like figures.
In any case it interests me that he specifies Pirates of the Caribbean as his favorite ride.

I miss the game most when it's during the holidays, the cute decor and everyone dressing like Santa pirates and the fireworks and fire on tortuga beach. Heavy sigh.....:sigh::rumgone:
This may be the wrong post spot but does anyone know when the old another remake developer website will be back up, it's still down? They were changing it to a thing called "The game barrel"

Three (3) things that I wanted to point out today (Wednesday February 25, 2015):
  1. "I think this company needs to focus more on creating a tighter or a closer relationship to its customers for a variety of reasons. Not only to mind customer data and usage and obviously create revenue opportunities from that, but to provide customers with experiences that they want in demand basically to be even more user-friendly, more customizable, more personalized. That's really important in terms of the long-term future of this company. And you will see in various initiatives that are aimed at achieving just that. -- Bob Iger" source
  2. Yesterday's Twitter "tweet" from Seth Davis (pertinent to the POTCO 'support push' via a GOG.com page):
    NO, means no - I guess.JPG
  3. This summer, from May 11th-September 25th, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" :piratemickey: ride at Walt Disney World will completely be shut-down due to safety and maintenance renovations. source
"me"...THROWS UP HANDS IN THE AIR!:sigh:

Seth Davis's tweet from yesterday is the most depressing tweet I've ever read. Wow, an absolute NO. ouch. :sigh::mad::cursing::blowup::walk the plank:
Whatever they come up with they have to make it an MMO because the "essence" of the game was the community, not the actual gameplay. Though the gameplay was awesome too. But it wouldn't be fun without people to play it with. And not a multiplayer that allows 4-6 people, an actual MMO where thousands are playing. I wish I hadn't seen this tweet today, this really ruined my day. :(

Last edited:
Back