Blog Post It's Him...

Cheysa Finn

Pirate Lord
Posted by Cheysa Finn on Oct. 31, 2016, midnight

10-31-2016-him.png

My eyes... they must deceive me! He can't be back! What trick is this?!

It was years ago. He was the worst of them all. Many good pirates tried to prove their worth by besting him, and every single one met their doom. One October day, an entire guild of angry, bloodthirsty pirates decided it was time to end this laughing menace and avenge their fallen friends.

At first, it seemed as though they would succeed. But slowly they began to fall... one by one. Some tried to save the wounded before it was too late, but they too were struck down by his invisible hand.

Just as those last brave few were accepting their fate, the sound of yelling thundered through the cave. Another pirate fell, but before he closed his eyes for the last time, he saw them.

All of them came. Every pirate from every dock, tavern, ship, and jail. With renewed vigour, those last few pirates began fighting the ghost with all of their might hoping they would survive just long enough for the pirate army to arrive.

And survive they did. The fight waged on for many hours, but the force of every pirate in the Caribbean proved too much for Foulberto Smasho. When at last he fell, he issued a chilling threat:

"Ye think ye have slayed me at last, but ye best remember: ghosts already be dead!"

For a moment the pirates stood there frozen. Slowly they dropped their weapons as they saw the wealth that had been hidden by this foul foe for centuries.

Chests and pouches everywhere. However, it was the oddest thing. They only contained knives and daggers! From the most worthless and rusty, to the most famed and legendary! It wasn't long before the pirates forgot Foulberto's final warning.

What does his return mean? Is it caused by the lost pirates finally returning to the Caribbean? Is he guarding another vast treasure? Is the loss of pirate lives worth finding out?

Back