Guide Jamie's Guide to Catching a Legendary Fish

Justin333

Swashbuckler
Step 1: Buy at least 3 Legendary Lures and launch a fishing boat. Equip the Legendary Lure. Cast your line to the bottom of the sea and avoid catching any normal fish. Click the left mouse clicker to startle non-legendary fish away.

Step 2: Once a Legendary Fish appear, hook it. It will start to struggle.

Step 3 (Struggling): When a Legendary Fish struggles, you have to click rapidly and this can tire you out quick if you are spamming only the left mouse clicker. This is the most common reason for a Legendary Fish getting away.

The easiest way to resolve your fatigue issues is to use a PC laptop and enable your touch pad.
Use both pointer fingers to rapidly alternate clicks between the touch pad left clicker and the mouse left clicker. The struggle will be over in no time and you will have strength for the next challenge. The hardest part is the struggle.

Step 4 (Reeling): Reeling is simple. You reel at a reasonably fast speed, but it is more important to be accurate. Reel in a perfect circle if you can, staying at the length of the reel handle. Try not to go in crazy wide loops. Speed up only when you are sure you can handle it.

Step 5 (Catch the Reel): Ok. This can be either the hardest part or the easiest part, depending on your response time. The hard way is to let the reel get a start and then catch it. The easiest way to catch the reel is to position the mouse on the reel before it even starts moving and click it right as it starts, before it can really get going.

Most importantly, stay calm. It's just a darn fish and there are plenty of fish in the sea. If you mess up this time, it is ok. You will get a chance to catch this legendary again and when you do you will be ready.

This guide will catch you a legendary 99.9% of the time, even making Fire Dragon an easy catch. Just follow the steps as well as you can and drink your rum afterwards.

It's some odd game design to have players learn 20 levels of fishing minigame only to unlock a completely different minigame that has nothing whatever to do with levels 1 - 20, this post has been very useful but I'm still having trouble getting my head around it.

I have a few additional questions if anyone has the expertise:

Does it matter where your legendary lure bobs around? The consensus seems to be to keep it as far to the bottom right as you can for as long as possible, but I've no idea if that's just random number superstition.

Do you have to click somewhere specific during struggle, or will anywhere on the screen work? Is it possible to click too fast as well as too slow?

Is catching the reel always part of the minigame, or does this only happen after a failed struggle? Is there a penalty to missing the handle, to prevent more click spam being effective?

I realise I could answer these things for myself using Pirate Science!, but with an hour plus of doing nothing between each experiment I'd... rather not if possible.
:fish:

No, you don't have to click in any particular area during the struggle. No, you can't click too fast. Yes, you will need to catch the reel every time you catch one but some fish will only require you to do that once if you are successful at the struggle and others, like Fog Bell, will require you to catch it many times. The only penalty is lost lure and consequently lost fish, you have some limited amount of time before the fish is lost, exactly how long I'm not sure.

Back