John's Daily Quotes

1/10/12
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
~ Harper Lee

In the hope that it revives this thread... it's done a little more for me than you realize, people.;)

Can anybody say "PROCRASTINATING"?? :facepalm:

1/7/12
Giving is the secret of a healthy life. Not necessarily money, but whatever a man has of encouragement and sympathy and understanding.
~John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

1/8/12
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller

1/9/12
Morale is when your hands and feet keep on working when your head says it can’t be done.
~Benjamin Morrell

1/10/12
If everybody else is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going in exactly the opposite direction.
~Sam Walton

1/11/12
All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.
~Walt Disney

1/12/12
Belief creates the actual fact.
~William James

1/13/12
A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
~Max Lucado

"To develop the mind and neglect the body is analogous to developing a powerful jet engine without a fuselage to carry it." - Dr. Claudine Sherrill (She is considered the "grandmother of adapted physical activity.")

1/14/12
Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.
~Paul Boese

1/15/12
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
~Louis L’Amour

1/16/12
No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor.
~Andrew Carnegie

1/17/12
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
~Roger Staubach

"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while so that we can see life with a clearer view" ~Bob Marley

1/11/12
"Remember that failure is an event, not a person."
~ Zig Ziglar

1/12/12
"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom."
~ George S. Patton

1/13/12
"Success is a result, not a goal."
~ Elbert Hubbard

1/14/12
"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
~ John F. Kennedy

1/15/12
"Given two works of artistic majesty, otherwise weighted equally, we will give greater acclaim to the one who did it first... It's not invention, aesthetics, or capacity itself. The greatest talent that we think a man can have? ... Seems to me that it must be nothing more than novelty.
~ Hoid, from The Way of Kings

1/16/12
"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it."
~ Richard Bach

1/17/12
"Happiness doesn't depend on who you are or what you think; it depends solely on what you think."
~ Dale Carnegie

1-19-12
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not sure about the universe"
~ Albert Einstein

Reactions: LEO
1/18/12
Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.
~Peter Marshall

1/19/12
The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
~Lao Tzu

1/20/12
An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves.
~Lydia M. Child

1/21/12
A falling drop at last will carve a stone.
~Lucretius

1/20/12
"A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, A chuckle comes from the belly, but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around"
~Carolyn Birmingham

1/21/12
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
~Douglas Adams

1/22/12
Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.
~Burton Hills

1/23/12
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
~Jonathon Swift

I'd like to dedicate this last quote to one of my besties - Cougar Bladerage. Her home was hit by a tornado last night - she is doing fine. :)

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
~Michael Jordan

1/22/12
"A fight is not won by one punch or one kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard"
~Bruce Lee

1/23/12
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
~James Dean

1/24/12
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian"
~Dennis Wholey

1/25/12
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world"
~Brandi Snyder

1/26/12
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant"
~Robert McCloskey

1/24/12
Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
~Francis of Assisi

1/25/12
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
~Vernon Sanders Law

1/26/12
There is great force hidden in a gentle command.
~George Herbert

1/27/12
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back.
~Paul Erdos

1/28/12
Our most profitable lessons are learned from failure, not success.
~Frank Davidson

1/27/12
Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it
~Unknown

1/28/12
I am ready to meet my maker. Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
~Winston Churchill

1/28/12
"Revenge has no more quenching effect on emotions than salt water has on thirst"
~Walter Weckler
1/29/12
"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'."
~Tommy Cooper

1/30/12
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one ive never tried before"
~Mae West

1/31/12
"Lifes Pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? Im a pirate after all"
~Johnny Depp

2/1/12
"Music is life. Thats why our hearts have beats"
~Unknown

Back