Guide Killing and Looting Foulberto Smasho. (Solo or Crew)

Swash Davey Hart Buckler

Pirate Apprentice
Hello, during my hunt for Silver Freeze, I came up with few tips and tricks to take down Smasho fast and effectively. In his present situation, its pity easy to take him down as he is bugged and doesn't fight back, but also doesn't drop loot. But there are couple of ways to get around this and make him drop loot, if executed correctly.

• As it for me at lvl 50, it took me approx. ~7 minutes to kill him with grenades.
  • It could be done faster with a better gun with steel shot, or a good sword, in combinations with potion that boost your attack power.
  • I recommend being atleast lvl 40 to solo him, or it can be done in groups relatively faster.

screenshot_2017-01-19_11-28-22.jpg

• There are 2 ways that he drops loot.
  • Firstly if you kill him while he is not bugged and without aggro- ing him, he will drop loot aboveground like normally.
  • Secondly if you kill him after agro - ing, while he is bugged and he doesn't fight back, he will drop loot below the room, which you have to access through a wall glitch.
  • The way you tell if he is bugged or not is, if he has his Dagger/Knives out in his hands
So lets get started...
Trick# 1: Make him drop loot aboveground (recommended)

• This method can be done solo or in a crew.
  • Relatively faster because you won't have to go belowground to fetch the loot, won't have to spend time running, teleporting etc.
  • There's a know bug, where not everybody get access to the loot when pressing Shift, but I haven't encountered that while doing this method.

In this trick, you have to make sure not to aggro him or disturbing him in any way or he will get bugged.
You have to make use of AoE attacks, Grenades are effective, can be done with staff (wither or flaming skull).
If using grenades, make sure you maxed out grenade's passive skill Demolition (increases AoE radius)

Step 1: Stand in the position shown in image below, but be careful not to stand too close.
Step 2: Position yourself carefully, you should not focus on smasho, if you do a red circle will appear around it
Step 3: Throw grenades directly below onto your feet
If done correctly, he should drop loot normally

Again make sure not to throw grenades directly at him or too close to him!

Alternatively, you could press and hold and throw grenades besides him, but in my experience it takes lot longer charging grenades and when done in groups, it has high chance players will mess up and throw grenades directly or too close to him, and risk getting him bugged. What a waste of time that would be!

If you do get him bugged, no worries you can still fetch the loot by going below the room where the loot spawns. Follow Trick# 2

3.jpg

4.jpg

screenshot_2017-01-20_04-44-02.jpg

Trick# 2: Make him drop loot belowground and how to fetch it.

• This method can be done solo or in a crew, much easier.
  • Can be done faster, if you don't want to be careful and want to go full Rambo on him!
  • Can be done with any weapon, without extra precautions
  • Bit slower as you have to go belowground to fetch the loot, have to spend time running, teleporting etc.
  • There's a know bug, where not everybody get access to the loot when pressing Shift
  • While doing solo, I could get into the loot every time, but while in a crew, some of the crew members don't get access or get into the loot when pressing shift.
In this method all you have to do is get him bugged, attack with long range weapon first to get him aggro, he will try to attack you if you get to close, then wait couple seconds as his aggro last only for a bit, after that he will get bugged and will not attack any further.

2.jpg

After killing him, the loot will not spawn aboveground, it spawns in the room belowground, which you have to access through wall glitch.
The fastest route is located in the wall in the corridor next to the entrance. You can see 3 rocks poking out!

1.jpg

All you have to do is walk up to this spot and Jump into the 3 rocks poking out, press spacebar, it will take few times to get it right.
screenshot_2017-01-20_04-43-23.jpg

You will fall down to this place, where you can see Smasho above, The loot will spawn directly below him, and you can see the loot glowing in the ground.
Be warned the I've had several instances where I coulnd not get access to the loot due to a bug.
Also the only way to get out of this place is teleporting back to Raven's cove from the Map

screenshot_2017-01-20_04-45-24.jpg

Please excuse me if this is poorly written as it took longer to get this done than I expected.
And also please point out any inaccuracies or mistake so I can correct them afterwards.

Happy Hunting :fish::hobbyhorse:

Thanks to and credit goes to @Sheep, @BullWhip Griffin, @Jack Spark, @First Mate Greg

Last edited:
His loot seems to be nerfed now but the bug that sends the loot underground for all enemies in that cave still hasn't been fixed. So nowits much harder to get famed.

His loot seems to be nerfed now but the bug that sends the loot underground for all enemies in that cave still hasn't been fixed. So nowits much harder to get famed.

In a way yes and no, previously he used to only drop famed knives, but now its been confirmed he drops Silver freeze, which imo is the only knives that matter, all the other famed except some, only hogs inventory spaces.:woot:

the loot for foulberto is how it should be now but its extremely harder to get anything good now since hes still glitched. Also keep in mind that famed items matter to people too and a lot of other things already dropped Silver Freeze.

I'm only level 31, but I've already maxed daggers. I do barely any damage to Foulberto with my nades, so I could use the help of a crew. Anyone willing?

Back