Discussion Lamest Skull chests ever.

squintz

Pirate Lord
First, this is a beta and skull chest aren't technically broken, need fixing or otherwise. They are what they are.
This is not a request to do anything to skull chests, but a fun commentary on them.

I think eveyone agrees the skull chests can be better. I'm confident that when the game goes full, that the loot issues will be balanced. Some say the loot is better in skulls when sailing. I don't agree as I think it's just better odds because one sees three four or more skull chests on one manifest a lot while sailing whereas on land one sees chests maybe every 20 or so kills.

Although I'm at a loss to explain why with a level 4 fortune hunter ship with maxed treasure sense and a famed treasure sense medallion, I rarely see skull chests on my 'stuffed to the gills' manifests.

The adrenaline and excitement I get when a skull drops with perceived high anticipation is constantly mooshed down by reality of a skull chest with less in it than the loot pouch next to it. lol

That said, I KNOW pirates are getting weak, sad skull chests and I'd like to see them too. We can't do anything about the loot balance, and it's not probably an important priority at this time and that is understandable, BUT in the meantime, I'm going to start with the lamest skull chest I've battled for first.
It doesn't matter if on land or by sea. The skull chest just has to be so sad to almost bring tears to your tired and weary pirate eyes.

Here's just a few of mine. Beat these babies.
screenshot_2017-11-26_03-42-49.jpg screenshot_2017-11-27_03-20-48.jpg screenshot_2017-11-30_17-16-06.jpg screenshot_2017-12-21_03-38-28.jpg

Last edited:
Charms and such currently don't work ( I was hoping ot would be added one of these 12 days.) and I believe treasure sense only gives you better gold values. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, the loot skulls are almost 90% of the time trash. This is well known, as there is a whole thread about posting trash skulls.

It seems they would need to consistently provide "good" loot, but that what exactly does that mean? A rare every time? At least 100 gold every time? More?

As much as I want loot skulls to give better loot, I'm not sure how it can be implemented without overdoing it or not satisfying everyone.

First, this is a beta and skull chest aren't technically broken, need fixing or otherwise. They are what they are.
This is not a request to do anything to skull chests, but a fun commentary on them.

I think eveyone agrees the skull chests can be better. I'm confident that when the game goes full, that the loot issues will be balanced. Some say the loot is better in skulls when sailing. I don't agree as I think it's just better odds because one sees three four or more skull chests on one manifest a lot while sailing whereas on land one sees chests maybe every 20 or so kills.

Although I'm at a loss to explain why with a level 4 fortune hunter ship with maxed treasure sense and a famed treasure sense medallion, I rarely see skull chests on my 'stuffed to the gills' manifests.

The adrenaline and excitement I get when a skull drops with perceived high anticipation is constantly mooshed down by reality of a skull chest with less in it than the loot pouch next to it. lol

That said, I KNOW pirates are getting weak, sad skull chests and I'd like to see them too. We can't do anything about the loot balance, and it's not probably an important priority at this time and that is understandable, BUT in the meantime, I'm going to start with the lamest skull chest I've battled for first.
It doesn't matter if on land or by sea. The skull chest just has to be so sad to almost bring tears to your tired and weary pirate eyes.

Here's just a few of mine. Beat these babies.
View attachment 96965 View attachment 96967 View attachment 96968 View attachment 96969

LOL, those are indeed some bad examples of Loot Skulls! My condolences!
I thought mine were generally bad, but yours make me appreciate whatever I get now, no matter how bad they seem!

Back