Launcher Error

brodyman08

Dockworker
My TLoPO launcher is broken. Ever since the new update adding clothes, it has stopped working. It says it's updating files, but then it will stop and say "904: Couldn't extract". I've tried updating drivers, running as admin, deleting the rar phases, and reinstalling the entire launcher.

This happens to me as well with the larger patches. The only way I've been able to fix this is by manually updating the files. Although, I recommend you let the launcher update as many files as it can because manually updating may leave some files outdated.

First, you'll need a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip to actually extract the file you'll be updating with.

Once you have an extraction program like the ones mentioned above, you need to identify which file is failing to download. This is pretty easy as the error given by the launcher will (hopefully) tell you what file it is. For example: "904: Couldn't extract phase_2.mf.bz2"

Now that you know "phase_2.mf.bz2" is the file causing trouble, you will download that file in an internet browser by using one of the below links. The links show you what file they download. Simply copy and paste the link into the URL bar and press enter. You will then be prompted with a download, save the file to some where you can easily find it later.

download.tlopo.com/win32/resources/default/phase_2.mf.bz2
download.tlopo.com/win32/resources/default/phase_3.mf.bz2
download.tlopo.com/win32/resources/default/phase_4.mf.bz2
download.tlopo.com/win32/resources/default/phase_5.mf.bz2
download.tlopo.com/win32/phase_1.mf.bz2
download.tlopo.com/win32/tlopo.exe.bz2
(NOTE: All of these download links are for the Windows operating system only)

Now that you have the updated file downloaded, open up your extraction program. Within the extraction program, navigate to where the downloaded file is located, select the file, and choose to "extract" or "unzip" the file. *Save the resulting extracted or unzipped file to an easy-to-find location!* I recommend putting it on your desktop. The name of your extracted/unzipped file should be "phase_2.mf" - The ".bz2" should not be there.

The next step is to navigate to the TLOPO system folder. Once there, you will want to go into your "resources" folder. In the "resources" folder, you'll want to go into the "default" folder. In the default folder should be phase files 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Select the updated phase file that you just extracted (.mf) and drag it into the window where your phase files are listed (I believe you can also copy and paste). You will then be presented with a few options. *Always choose to REPLACE the old file* The computer will then do the rest of the work for you.

You should now be able to open to the TLOPO launcher and update without issue from that file.

Sorry, I know this was a little lengthy but I hope it helps! If you get stuck or have any questions feel free to ask.

:piratewave:

Hey is there anyone that can help with this error code : 0xc000012f. I get this error every time the game starts to load up. So i've been unable to play i've tried several things cant seem to get past the error code.

Back