Glitch Launcher patch downloads become stuck

mercypharah

Dockworker
I'm on windows 10 and i was super excited to play the beta yesterday, but i got stuck on updating 1 out of 3 files (the 130mb one). I tried relaunching the launcher over 7 times, running as admin, (my launcher is up to date by the way) but pirates online still can't download through the launcher .-. every time i hit download it goes slowly but smoothly up until the 50 mb or so mark, then it gets stuck and stops the download and i have to try it again but it never finishes

i've tried it again today and reinstalled the whole game + launcher, but now it's stuck on phase 1 of 5/40.9 mb. around the halfway mark there it gets stuck and won't download

is there maybe a patch for the launcher or some other fix for this? or somewhere where i can just download the game without the launcher?

I'm on windows 10 and i was super excited to play the beta yesterday, but i got stuck on updating 1 out of 3 files (the 130mb one). I tried relaunching the launcher over 7 times, running as admin, (my launcher is up to date by the way) but pirates online still can't download through the launcher .-. every time i hit download it goes slowly but smoothly up until the 50 mb or so mark, then it gets stuck and stops the download and i have to try it again but it never finishes

i've tried it again today and reinstalled the whole game + launcher, but now it's stuck on phase 1 of 5/40.9 mb. around the halfway mark there it gets stuck and won't download

is there maybe a patch for the launcher or some other fix for this? or somewhere where i can just download the game without the launcher?
even now it keeps getting stuck on a random number each time and i can't finish the download,,
If you're still having this problem, @MMDR or @Cheysa Finn may be able to help

Hi, I'm a new player around and I had just discovered this yesterday. (9/23/17)

I have a bit of a problem when it comes to updating and installing updates on the setup window for Pirates. It usually gets stuck after downloading for a certain time. I'm doing this on a fairly new Windows 10 that I got last Christmas. My downloading speed is about 12 - 13 mB/ps, and I have to constantly close and open the setup window to get it to do anything.

It really frustrates me that I haven't gotten to play this at all, and I'd like to get it fixed.

Are you running in compatibility for Win 7? Also, be sure you add tlopo to your firewall, and also to your antivirus programs. Empty your game cache folder. If you have problems downloading or updates in other games, run a check disk on your puter... which couldn't hurt if not done lately, along with other maintenance. I run win1064bit , and sometimes just had to uninstall and reinstall because of corrupted file. But now its usually a windows update that clashes, and I have to redo permissions, and sometimes just roll back to a previous restore point on my desktop. Good luck!

Bit of a change, now. I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it.

NOPE. Apparently, that's not going to happen anymore and it keeps saying "Failed - Network Error", or it estimates the time for over an hour, and downloads real slowly.

Bit of a change, now. I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it.

NOPE. Apparently, that's not going to happen anymore and it keeps saying "Failed - Network Error", or it estimates the time for over an hour, and downloads real slowly.
Have you verified that your computer meets the System Requirements listed on TLOPO’s website, tlopo.com?

Have you verified that your computer meets the System Requirements listed on TLOPO’s website, tlopo.com?
Yes, as it states ("Windows 8 or newer"), I have a Windows 10. Which is reasonably fast when downloading items, I just don't know what's happening.

I'm returning back to this thread because of the recent updates, and it's taking forever again.

Yes, as it states ("Windows 8 or newer"), I have a Windows 10. Which is reasonably fast when downloading items, I just don't know what's happening.

I'm returning back to this thread because of the recent updates, and it's taking forever again.

Cancel that. ^

I came back whilst getting something to eat, and by the time I had returned, it had finished updating. I'll return if the problem proceeds to continue!

Back