Question Launcher questions

PirateJasonS

Site Founder
Lately I've been noticing that my launcher takes a long time to open when I first click it. It just seems kinda slow to me, in comparison to launching other programs. Is there any possibility that this will be reduced in the future? Or is there a lot going on in the background that requires it to take this long?
(Who knows, maybe this is just me and my slow Windows 7 laptop otherwise).

On a separate note, I've been wanting to ask this for a while: do you think it's at all possible to make the launcher pull information from the TLOPO website's Release Notes section and use that to populate the "Game News" section to the left side of the launcher? Because if it is that would be really cool.

upload_2016-4-13_22-27-1.png

Thanks all!

Mine usually takes 1-2 minutes to load/open, but everything else seems to run smoothly. But then again, I'm running a Win7 laptop that's 4? years old...

Mine usually takes 1-2 minutes to load/open, but everything else seems to run smoothly. But then again, I'm running a Win7 laptop that's 4? years old...
If I've recently started my computer it can take up to that long. Otherwise if I've had my computer on for a while it takes around 8-10 seconds.. which doesn't sound like much, until you imagine clicking something and then counting to 10 before it does anything.

(Also I should clarify that I don't mean launching the actual game via the Play button. I'm talking about opening the game Launcher itself ;) if that wasn't already clear.)

If I've recently started my computer it can take up to that long. Otherwise if I've had my computer on for a while it takes around 8-10 seconds.. which doesn't sound like much, until you imagine clicking something and then counting to 10 before it does anything.

(Also I should clarify that I don't mean launching the actual game via the Play button. I'm talking about opening the game Launcher itself ;) if that wasn't already clear.)
Do @deanaug @Mike Wass or @Christofosho maybe have an answer for me? Sorry to be a pest haha. If not that's fine but I think this thread just kinda got kicked under the fridge so I gotta bump it lol.
That's the launcher contacting the account server so it can generate the stuff that lets you log in. It sometimes can take a few seconds, it varies based on your internet speed, laptop speed, etc.

That's the launcher contacting the account server so it can generate the stuff that lets you log in. It sometimes can take a few seconds, it varies based on your internet speed, laptop speed, etc.
Ok, thanks for the answer :) Also, any thoughts on that other question about the release notes?
do you think it's at all possible to make the launcher pull information from the TLOPO website's Release Notes section and use that to populate the "Game News" section to the left side of the launcher? Because if it is that would be really cool.

upload_2016-4-13_22-27-1-png.67963
If not that's fine. Thank you :)

Back