Request Leaderboards

Add Leaderboards to the game

• Total voters

Roger-Daniel

Pirate Lord
The Playtime thread kinda went off topic when I referenced Leaderboards so I decided to make an actual thread on this to keep the other on topic. Plus a leaderboard thread hasn't been made in a while.
Leaderboards were a big part of Pirates Online back in the day. They were a service on the PiratesOnline.com website that players could use to see the stats of the top players and guilds, or they could also be used to check your own if you wish. They tracked:
  • Overall Notoriety
  • Enemies Defeated
  • Ships Sunk
  • Blackjack Hands Won
  • Poker Hands Won
  • Times In Jail (lol)
  • Dagger Skill Points
  • Cutlass Skill Points
  • Pistol Skill Points
  • Grenade Skill Points
  • Voodoo Doll Skill Points
  • Sailing Skill Points
  • Cannon Skill Points
  • Voodoo Staff Skill Points
  • PvP Wins: Mayhem
  • PvP Wins: Team Battle
Below are screenshots of the leaderboards from the final day of POTCO displaying the top ten pirates to sink the most ships and kill the most enemies.

There isn't much else to say about the feature itself other than I think it would be a great feature to add that will strengthen the community aspect of the game and add a whole new dynamic between players and between guilds that TLOPO has never really had which will be intriguing to see.

Last edited:
Not really a fan of this. There are already annoying BIG egos to deal with in just how many ones has of an lc. This community hasn't apparently grown up enough to handle this. Good idea, but we dont need to give ppl another reason to annoy everyone with "I am first at blah blah." Maybe later on when those types move on to another game lol.

Not really a fan of this. There are already annoying BIG egos to deal with in just how many ones has of an lc. This community hasn't apparently grown up enough to handle this. Good idea, but we dont need to give ppl another reason to annoy everyone with "I am first at blah blah." Maybe later on when those types move on to another game lol.
lol I suppose but we really won't see until we see. It was fine in potco and that game was predominately 6-13 year olds. But I can see what and who you may be talking about.

I'm for it, I really enjoyed seeing who was actually really great and how I stacked up. It was often quite informative to check on when you came across someone making claims in game too. I do think that if they were implemented then there should be an opt-out, or maybe even an opt-in, so that those that don't wish to be named would be only displayed as an anonymous place holder.

It will never happen, lol (trust me). I have been waiting this long for myself to mature (somewhat) as well. Not there yet!

There remains a side to having a workable leaderboard to which few take into consideration. This, of course, is accountability.

If a pirate is doing things in-game which are overly questioned, a leaderboard system reaffirms it. (Stats gained via cheating the system/cheating in-game are a bit difficult to argue with, if the stats themselves are 'overly' excessive comparable to the stats of everyone else). In this respect, the leaderboard itself can hold pirates accountable and especially if there is concern already about "the way" someone is actually playing. The challenge, however, becomes in how are cheaters distinguished amongst a community of honest, legit players whom do make a point to play by the rules?

*All I can say is, it takes someone with a keen eye to be able to recognize the difference and...there are such pirates out there whom can recognize the difference - if a workable leaderboard system was implemented. ;)

They seemed to have fix it so ppl cant use auto clicker, I am assuming you are referring to that. If they want to know if someone is cheating, cant they just look? Why do players, or non players need to do this? I honestly dont think most of the player base would even pay attention to those details. They will be focus on their status mostly. Just my 2 cents.

It will never happen, lol (trust me). I have been waiting this long for myself to mature (somewhat) as well. Not there yet!

There remains a side to having a workable leaderboard to which few take into consideration. This, of course, is accountability.

If a pirate is doing things in-game which are overly questioned, a leaderboard system reaffirms it. (Stats gained via cheating the system/cheating in-game are a bit difficult to argue with, if the stats themselves are 'overly' excessive comparable to the stats of everyone else). In this respect, the leaderboard itself can hold pirates accountable and especially if there is concern already about "the way" someone is actually playing. The challenge, however, becomes in how are cheaters distinguished amongst a community of honest, legit players whom do make a point to play by the rules?

*All I can say is, it takes someone with a keen eye to be able to recognize the difference and...there are such pirates out there whom can recognize the difference - if a workable leaderboard system was implemented. ;)
You may recall the case of the potco poker leaderboard where someone rapidly rose to #1 and then mysteriously disappeared from the leaderboard leaving the top position as #2, lol. There never was any explanation from Disney but we can guess.

You may recall the case of the potco poker leaderboard where someone rapidly rose to #1 and then mysteriously disappeared from the leaderboard leaving the top position as #2, lol. There never was any explanation from Disney but we can guess.
I never knew of this.. though I mainly paid attention to the enemies defeated section

The Playtime thread kinda went off topic when I referenced Leaderboards so I decided to make an actual thread on this to keep the other on topic. Plus a leaderboard thread hasn't been made in a while.
Leaderboards were a big part of Pirates Online back in the day. They were a service on the PiratesOnline.com website that players could use to see the stats of the top players and guilds, or they could also be used to check your own if you wish. They tracked:
  • Overall Notoriety
  • Enemies Defeated
  • Ships Sunk
  • Blackjack Hands Won
  • Poker Hands Won
  • Times In Jail (lol)
  • Dagger Skill Points
  • Cutlass Skill Points
  • Pistol Skill Points
  • Grenade Skill Points
  • Voodoo Doll Skill Points
  • Sailing Skill Points
  • Cannon Skill Points
  • Voodoo Staff Skill Points
  • PvP Wins: Mayhem
  • PvP Wins: Team Battle
Below are screenshots of the leaderboards from the final day of POTCO displaying the top ten pirates to sink the most ships and kill the most enemies.

There isn't much else to say about the feature itself other than I think it would be a great feature to add that will strengthen the community aspect of the game and add a whole new dynamic between players and between guilds that TLOPO has never really had which will be intriguing to see.
Simple suggestion
no.

Last edited:
I’ve seen screenshots of the TLOPO team communicating over Facebook that they keep leaderboards internally, and plan to release them down the line.
Wow thats great news! I can't wait. It seems like such a little thing but will add such a cool dynamic to the game.

Back