Legend of Jim "Hex" Hexskull

Jim Hexskull

Wiki Staff
Long ago Jim Hexskull was in the His Majesty's Royal Navy of England. Hex was a Lieutenant General and was in command of a very large Battle Fleet. But Hex's Favorite ship out of the fleet was a Ship of the Line named the Black Widow. If you saw the Navy Fleet in battle and you weren't Hex's ally it would be the smartest move to point your ship the other way. But The Royal Navy formed an alliance with the East India Trading Company. They started to destroy pirate ships in the sea and take any survivors and hang them. All though they were in fact pirate's they still had to have a charge brought against them to be hung. Hex didn't like this, so he let his opinion be heard to the King Himself. And the King Ignored Hex and simply told him to "Do his job and stop meddling in others affairs." Well Hex went on as normal for one month. Then on the last day of that month Hex disappeared along with the Black Widow. Hex has been rumored to be seen hanging around the Undead soul of General Darkhart. Darkhart was a close friend and first mate of Hex when Darkhart was alive. Hex has also been rumored to know information that only a dead man can know. If you run into Hex on land Don't underestimate him for his skills are unmatched and certainly not known of the common pirate. And if you run into him at sea, well lets just hope your there to join his War Fleet. If not well have fun with the rest of the souls who crossed Jim Hexskull. In Davy Jones Locker!

Soon after Hex left the Royal Navy he had a vicious run in with Jolly Roger. It was a stormy day and the fog was so thick it was almost impossible to see. But Hex has been sailing all of his life, so these conditions were nothing new to him. So he sailed through it. He could hear the sound of chains rattling, and someone shouting commands. That's when he saw the Bow of the Phantom Ship. He readied himself, and his crew. As they came up to the Phantom he heard Jolly scream "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU SCABLESS DOGS? BOARD IT!" Suddenly Skeletons started crawling out of the floors and from the masts. "ATTACK!," Hex commanded. His crew immediately fired at the Phantom. All you could hear was the roar of the cannons and the ring of the swords. The fog was so thick you couldn't see the person standing to your side. Jolly himself then appeared right behind Hex. But Hex's wits told him this. He turned around and pulled out his sword all in one motion. Jolly laughed evilly, That's when Hex attacked. He slashed at Roger and Roger blocked with his sword. They hacked and slashed and fought for almost an hour. But they didn't just stay on the deck. They fought on the masts in the rigging and all over the rest of the ship. But then the entire fight stopped when Hex knocked Jolly's sword from his hand then put his own sword to Jolly's neck. "I win now leave or I'll sink yer ship and kill you!," Said Hex. "This isn't the last you've seen of me you bilge rat," Said Roger. Roger and his crew disappeared and reappeared on the Phantom Ship. "He'll be back when we least expect him so look lively men," Said Hex to his crew. They sailed on and ported at Tortuga to celebrate their victory over Jolly Roger. "We'll face many obstacles on our journey mates, but to get to what we want we'll have to overcome everything." "Death lies ahead of us, as we sail......... to the Fountain of Youth!"

As Hex and his crew celebrating in the Tavern on Tortuga. After their victory over the infamous Jolly Roger. His First Mate Nick heard a noise from the door. He notified Hex and they both snuck around to the door. When they opened it they couldn't believe their eyes. For in the harbor their lie a ship. Not an ordinary ship. Not a merchant ship or your average pirates ship. In the harbor lay the Queen Anne's Revenge. Hex couldn't pass up this opportunity. "Looks like the ship is empty," Said Hex. "Looks can be deceiving," Said Nick. Neither of them knew just how right Nick was with that statement. They proceeded down the dock where they got into a dingy and rowed out to the Revenge. They climbed aboard quietly and it did look as if no one was aboard this Magnificent Vessel. "It's ours for the taking" Said Hex. Then out of nowhere the Captain's Quarter's door swung open. And the fog thickened. Out walked the pirate all pirates fear. Blackbeard. "You try to take my ship" Said Blackbeard. "You think I would be foolish enough to leave my ship unguarded." He then put his hand on his sword and the rigging started to move. He unsheathed it and all of the ropes and chains flew around and tied up Nick and Hex in the position to look at the Black Widow, Hex' Beloved ship. Which was right in front of the Revenge. Full crew aboard the Widow they tried to sail away. But the rigging then came to life on the Widow. It tied them all up just hanging there. That's when Blackbeard did it. He Raise his sword and Yelled "FIRE!" A enormous blaze of fire engulfed the Black Widow and killed her crew. Then Blackbeard turned the Revenge where the Burning Widow was to the Starboard side. He yelled again. "FIRE!" The broadsides fired themselves at the Widow. The Black Widow's Muzzle Load exploded and the ship cracked in half. She sank right there in the harbor. The fastest Ship in the world. A Magnificent Ship of the Line. Sunken in one broadside. Blackbeard then released Hex and Nick from the Rigging. "Now be on your way you filthy pirates!" Said Blackbeard. They swam to the dock and Hex sat there for two hours watching his beloved Black Widow sink to the Crushing Black Oblivion of Davy Jones Locker. "How we get to the Fountain now Captain?" Said Nick. "We do what any pirate in this situation would do." Said Hex. "What would that be sir?" "We drink some more rum and think about what we'll do next." They headed back to the tavern crushed because of what had happened. But Hex had a plan. Or so he thought he did. He wasn't entirely sure if it would work. But hey what did he have to lose?
TO BE CONTINUED

CHAPTER 4
The next morning, Hex woke up on a ship. "That's odd," he said to himself. "I could have sworn I had fallen asleep in the tavern." As he looked around at this mysterious ship, he realized something about it. Something.....bad. As he looked towards the helm he noticed that their were sea creatures growing on the walls. There were crew members half made into the walls as well, holding lanterns and such. Sea creatures, crew in the ship. "Part of the crew, part of the ship!" It had click with him, he was on the Flying Dutchman. He jumped from the floor only to find himself caged by the cold steel bars, that held him in. He was in the brig. Thoughts raced through his head. How did I get here? What on earth could Davy Jones want with me? Then he felt a faint vibration, as if they had struck a reef. Then he saw him. The captain himself, the devil of the seas. Davy Jones. Davy approached Hex's cell, and pinched his crab claw for a hand. "Do you fear death?" Jones said, in an eerie voice that would make the devil himself pray to god for mercy. Jones moved closer to Hex, so close Hex could feel the ice cold breath of a thousand darned souls. They stood there in complete silence, both ignorant of what the other would do next. Then Jones did something completely unexpected. He reached for the key, and opened Hex's cell. As Hex walked forward to exit the cell, Jones gave an evil grin to Hex, almost as if saying that he could run, but would not get far. "You owe me a debt Jim Hexskull," Jones said in an evil sounding, yet completely calm voice. "300 souls......You are to harvest 300 souls, and return them to me. If ye cannot handle this, there is an alternative. Join my Crew." "I'd Rather die." Said Hex. "Well, if that is truly what you want, I'm sure I can more than help you out." Then Hex did something only a fool would do. He reached for his sheath in a swift motion, while turning a full 360 degrees. In the swift turn, he unsheathed his sword, and slashed Davy across the face. Jones let out a blood curdling scream. Jones then fell to the floor. Hex stood Astonished, as he watched Jones lye there. Not moving, not breathing, no sign of life left in his body. Just the shell of what once was. Immediately, Hex searched for the reason of this, yet he already knew. As he ran onto the deck, he noticed a person laying near the helm. He rushed to his side, and realized the knife in his hand, the blood on the deck, and the heart at his feet. This fool had stabbed the heart of Davy Jones! Did he not know that he must take Jones' place? Many thoughts rushed through Hex's head, then it occurred to him. He knew this man. But it couldn't be.... What if it was? Hex jumped up as fast as he could, and ran to the side of the ship. He jumped overboard, and started swimming. After swimming for about a mile, he was greeted by a ship. This ship was decorated with skulls and bones all over it. Black sails, and a flag. That flag... He knew that flag. "THE BLACK WIDOW!" Hex Screamed out into the open water! His Ship, that was sunken by Blackbeard, was mysteriously sailing right in front of him. He couldn't believe his eyes and pinched himself to see if he was dreaming. He swam closer, and climbed aboard. There stand his proud crew of thirty-two. Ready to make way whatever direction their captain ordered. "Where is Nick?" Hex asked one of the crew mates. "We awoke in the tavern, and both you and he were missing. We had figured you ran off together to go find a new ship. We waited for two days and you never returned so we made a deal with someone-" "Who?" Hex interrupted. "Not Davy Jones I hope." "No Sir, we would never deal with Jones, his price is one we are not willing to pay." "Well then who was it?" Said Hex. "I don't know sir, he approached us in Tortuga, and asked if we had a problem, when we replied he stated that he had a solution." "So a random man offered to raise the ship for you?" Before the crew mate could answer they heard a familiar sound. The sound of cannon fire. "Ah, I see we have guests. I've been waiting for a good fight to come my way!" And as the ship eased in closer, the cannons fired, the orders were commanded, and a battle like no other let out. Yet even though the captain exclaimed his want for a fight, he was nowhere to be seen....
TO BE CONTINUED...

Back