Weapons Legendaries are too hard to get.

Should Legendaries be easier to get?

• Total voters

ChaBoiJimmy

Buccaneer
Listen, I know that there are some really dedicated looters out there who have multiple legendaries and crazy luck with their loot and play a ton, BUT, for the rest of us normal players, however few there are left, legendaries are too hard to get.

Back in the original game it made sense to be hard to get legendaries. There were so many players that it wouldn't be as cool to have one if everyone had one. But now over 10 years later, I think the majority of players just want the weapons they never got to use in the original game. I personally have wanted thunderspine since I was 7 years old and figured this game might be slightly more forgiving than potco, but here I am an adult still wishing. My point is, this game has been around too long and the community is too small for legendaries to be as hard as they are to get. Everyone wants at least one legendary, why not have a system like how you are guaranteed a famed cursed after killing patron, make a boss that only drops legendaries for a quest and its a 1 time thing? Just an idea. I've been max level and grinding since ravens cove came out and I have yet to get any legendaries other than silver freeze, and I used to play for hours daily. I don't play so much anymore because the game is not rewarding at all. Hours and hours of grinding and still no weapons that I want, only famed that I already have. The player base is clearly shrinking and I think that is due to the fact that a very small percentage of people within the very small percentage who still play the game, have multiple legendaries, or the ones they want at least. I know the die hard potco players like beggar and frostbyte X will probably disagree with me, but they have so many legendaries between the 2 of them alone they could probably supply half the player base with a legendary.

Point is, I dont play this game as much as I wish I could, and I know a lot of people are the same. The player base is slowly getting smaller for no reason other than that legendaries are just too dang hard to get. Thats all anyone really wants in the game after everything else has been completed.

Not bashing on the TLOPO team or anything I think they have done an absolutely amazing job with bringing this game back to life and adding new content, but the core grinding aspect of this game has gotten old, and the player count reflects it. I think it would be wise to at least guarentee everyone 1 legendary when they get level 50 (silver freeze and patron dont count) and make the rest of the legendaries easier to get. Increase the drop rate from .000000001 or whatever it is to .5%. Every 200 skulls on average gets a legendary. Sounds fair to the 500 people still dedicated to this game right? Thanks for reading.

They are called legendary for a reason.....
And they should still be very hard to get but I've put upwards of 1000 hours into this game without one and I know some other people who have have a similar situation. They should be hard to get but not impossible because this is a remake. Most people who played the game back in the day are all grown up now and don't have 5 hours a day to put into TLOPO and just really want a legendary for the sentimental feeling of it. (even though I never had one in the original game either.)

I don't have any of the cursed legendaries, but I disagree with this. I honestly have a ton of hours spent in this game, starting from a couple years back, and I haven't gotten a single cursed legendary since. They maintain their exclusivity for a reason.

I accept the fact that my luck sucks. But it's not stopping me from looting. Just because people are having an issue, doesn't mean it should be made easier to attain. Especially when you're playing a loot based game. You're ruining the loot economy by making it easier.

and get patron or sf? yes theres the possibility of getting the new cutlass but thats not something im interested in. I didnt make it clear but I am mostly referring to the legendary cursed from looting .
it's by nature a grindy game, if you can't put in the time to loot these legendaries then that's on you, making them easier is extremely pointless. Also guaranteeing a legendary cursed at 50? that's absurd.

yeh ive been playing this game since i got a beta key, still havent gotten one (nor did I in potco), but then again I truly dont have the patience
thats what im saying. You shouldnt need this much patience in a game thats approaching 15 years old and is a now a remake. Most of us have grown up and can't no life this game like we used to but still put it in lots of hours over time and I think we should still get some kind of reward for our dedication.

And they should still be very hard to get but I've put upwards of 1000 hours into this game without one and I know some other people who have have a similar situation. They should be hard to get but not impossible because this is a remake. Most people who played the game back in the day are all grown up now and don't have 5 hours a day to put into TLOPO and just really want a legendary for the sentimental feeling of it. (even though I never had one in the original game either.)
This is a VERY interesting point-of-view I have never thought about nor pondered before. Thank you for making me understand a perspective differently. ;)

I have no problem with what this thread suggests (only if it would ‘not’ have an adverse affect on interest being shown towards the game itself because everyone’s interest got lost [on account of little being unattainable then within the game]). I wonder if that would occur given this idea.

Mates, I feel it’s imperative to be reminded that a remake is looking out for it’s own survival. There would not be much motivation otherwise, if this were not true. **Therefore, pirates must keep in mind that they are going to have to find a balance between what they most want versus assuring to support the very SURVIVAL of what would benefit the (game) remake’s own longevity. It’s especially crucial to think this way given too of the fact that in this situation...the remake itself is still a protected property.

it's by nature a grindy game, if you can't put in the time to loot these legendaries then that's on you, making them easier is extremely pointless. Also guaranteeing a legendary cursed at 50? that's absurd.
You are just giving opinions with no reasons though. Why is it absurd? The game is obviously grindy by nature but it is a dying game and I think those of us who are still here deserve an increase in drop rate. It makes no sense to put 2000 hours into a game with 400 regular players all to get 1 legendary and maybe not even the one you want. I think that is what is absurd. Again no offense to any of the devs or the game.

I don't have any of the cursed legendaries, but I disagree with this. I honestly have a ton of hours spent in this game, starting from a couple years back, and I haven't gotten a single cursed legendary since. They maintain their exclusivity for a reason.

I accept the fact that my luck sucks. But it's not stopping me from looting. Just because people are having an issue, doesn't mean it should be made easier to attain. Especially when you're playing a loot based game. You're ruining the loot economy by making it easier.
There is no economy. There are no benefits to having a legendary except you get the personal satisfaction of getting it and maybe you kill things slightly faster than the average player. But for the most part, its all personal satisfaction. There is no trading and therefor no economy, pvp is all skill for the most part so it wont affect that aspect of the game too much, and even if it did jumpers would just make rules against using legends, so who cares? There is 0 consequence to improving the drop rate except for some people will be a little upset that they arent the only ones who have certain things anymore.

Last edited:
I personally will have to disagree with this thread——, Don't get me wrong, I understand your reasons as for why they should lose some of this dreaded drop rate, but on the same token for those dedicated enough to hunt for them (and not to play just to be able to play POTCO again), its really the only thing many players have left to login for after the initial strike of nostalgia has passed.

There tends to be an extreme divide between the dedicated and the Looters, in which many players will spend hours in-game just playing whatever pops up, and then to those who glue themselves to a boss for hours, even days or weeks on end to scavenge for one Red-Text weapon. I think there-in lies your problem though;

These weapons were extremely difficult to find in POTCO, and even for those who post their frustrations as for the drops they may or may not get, I think that this is something that is universally understood. However, I just don't think making them have higher drop chances is the correct manor in going about making them feel more obtainable. Once everyone is holding a Thunderspine, it's exclusivity no longer exists, and its just another weapon.

You are just giving opinions with no reasons though. Why is it absurd? The game is obviously grindy by nature but it is a dying game and I think those of us who are still here deserve an increase in drop rate. It makes no sense to put 2000 hours into a game with 400 regular players all to get 1 legendary and maybe not even the one you want. I think that is what is absurd. Again no offense to any of the devs or the game.
In what world is handing out legendary cursed like candy at level 50 a good idea? I really shouldn't have to explain that. "but it is a dying game and I think those of us who are still here deserve an increase in drop rate." this is the most self-entitled argument I've ever heard about increasing legendary drop rates, there's no real logic to these arguments so i didn't feel it necessary to explain such a basic concept.

This is a VERY interesting point-of-view I have never thought about nor pondered before. Thank you for making me understand a perspective differently. ;)

I have no problem with what this thread suggests (only if it would ‘not’ have an adverse affect on interest being shown towards the game itself because everyone’s interest got lost [on account of little being unattainable then within the game]). I wonder if that would occur given this idea.

Mates, I feel it’s imperative to be reminded that a remake is looking out for it’s own survival. There would not be much motivation otherwise, if this were not true. **Therefore, pirates must keep in mind that they are going to have to find a balance between what they most want versus assuring to support the very SURVIVAL of what would benefit the (game) remake’s own longevity. It’s especially crucial to think this way given too of the fact that in this situation...the remake itself is still a protected property.
I COMPLETELY agree with you I think the devs are under no obligation to please everyone and especially not if it means risking their game. But I play very rarely anymore and I have an IRL friend who is the same and a few in game friends as well. We all used to grind together for hours and we just don't have any motivation anymore. THAT BEING SAID, we still love the game, and are still very up to date as to what is going on with the game (updates and such). And I think anyone who stopped playing who sees that legendaries are now easier to get and you are guarenteed 1 through a quest and bossfight (which should be the hardest boss in the game hands down), will come running back to update and play. I know i for sure will and so will all of my friends.

And on your point on maintaining the players that are still grinding hard and playing regularly, they will be rewarded exponentially more than someone like me, because they play more. Shouldnt that be how it is at this point? You get what you put in. Theres nothing worse than knowing how much time I put into the game with no luck, and then seeing a level 40 something walking around with a legendary cursed. Feels bad.

In what world is handing out legendary cursed like candy at level 50 a good idea? I really shouldn't have to explain that. "but it is a dying game and I think those of us who are still here deserve an increase in drop rate." this is the most self-entitled argument I've ever heard about increasing legendary drop rates, there's no real logic to these arguments so i didn't feel it necessary to explain such a basic concept.
You can call it self-entitled that is your opinion but again, its not just me. Im merely using me as an example for multiple people and friends I have watched stop playing this game because they are just unlucky. Why should luck be such a big factor? There are 25 legendaries in the game I don't think 1 legendary guarenteed is absurd at all. I think its a taste of the feeling you can have if you continue to grind the game out. I have no motivation to seek that feeling because I don't even know what it feels like. Just 1 legendary cursed in my inventory and I'm hooked for the next 3 months at least. This isn't about me or you, this is about a game that is dying and I want to see it thriving, and this is the only way I can see it doing so. Thank you for your input I appreciate the opposite side of this conversation.

Back