Request Lobbies Shouldn't need Gun Unlocked Here's why

Fred Anderson

Forum Mod
Lets get to the point, I'd rather not bore you.

First lets start off with the response of when a user asks why it is inplace after showing this screenshot

BRUH
WHY THO?
I'm assuming you wanted to attach some kind of requirement to it but this? This has nothing to do with anything
View attachment 121148

Several reasons actually.

1. This prevents people from starting a Lobby on the Welcome Servers. If you tried to start one before this requirement was added, the Lobby would completely break since Welcome Servers are their own individual instance.

2. Lobbies heavily rely on checking if you are in the main world for several things. Having this requirement ensures you are completely done with the Welcome Server.

3. It makes sense for a player to understand the entire game after completing the tutorial, before opening a Lobby. It would be confusing to brand-new players otherwise.

Rebuttal
Now that you've read all that let me rebut each thing.

1. Check if the person is on a welcome server and let it be disabled. This was probably already tried

2. Not true, your first boat purchase only needs to launch for you to enter the main world therefore you don't need to complete the whole tutorial.

3. The Gun tutorial doesn't teach you how to use the Lobbies, if it did I get why it would be in place.

Solutions
- Make a new quest tutorial that forces your character to go to another island to learn about how lobbies works as soon as your boat launches and you're out of the Welcome Server (Pop up banner something like "Arghh finally into the seas! Go to [whoever] to learn how
lobbies work)

- Maybe no tutorial at all and just as soon as you get your first ship and launch it from the welcome server you can access Lobbies.
- Maybe as soon as you log in, it checks if your player is in a world server or not, and if not lobbies get disabled.

Conclusion
We shouldn't need a byproduct to get access to something that doesn't even teach the user how to use that product. The reasons provided are hollow solutions to something that can be avoidable with other solutions (Easier said than done). This forces new players/alts to do things in a certain way just to have access the most anticipated thing in the game. Imagine a new player/alt that wants to get a legendary but also wants to pvp. How you gonna pvp? Imagine a new player/alt that wants to get a sword legendary and skips gun to better their loot pool but can't access lobbies to loot with others. This literally kills both ends of the pie whether you are a new player, alt, looter or pvper that skips gun, you can't join the thing that brings people together.

Lastly (I promise), Again I want to make it very clear, all of this is easier said than done. I give huge credit for the developers for all of what they've done, but we really need a different solution than this one especially for when the game gets marketed.
Please down below I'd like you guys to help comment your solutions so we can find a fix for this instead of dividing the pie for whatever party you may be in.

I've never really been a hardcore looter, but I'm not sure why acquiring guns of all things is a huge issue. On the attached screenshot, that person had unlocked doll and staff, both of which are entirely optional unlocks. Guns are only one weapon. I don't think they'll reduce the legendary odds that much. There are very few Legendary Dolls in the game, and no Legendary Staves at all.

Skipping gun wouldn't actually improve your loot pool other than ensuring you find patron at remington or neban, and god knows why you would want that.
I get that sailing to devil's anvil and sitting through a whole cutscene takes a ton of time and effort but other than that I don't really see the negatives that come with having to get your pistol from Barbossa. It's still part of the tutorial, in fact Barbossa is the one that gives you the coin that turns you into a zombie so that you can pvp in the first place. So being required to talk to him before you use lobbies/pvp makes perfect sense in my opinion. The tutorial doesn't end when the welcome ocean ends

Also TLOPO bring back that cutscene tbh. eh actually maybe you can't for the same reason disney took it out

Also TLOPO bring back that cutscene tbh. eh actually maybe you can't for the same reason disney took it out
I never really liked it that much anyway. It didn't make a lot of sense story-wise. Not only do we look vastly different from the original curse, but he's basically just robbed us of our sense of taste, feel, and smell, and made us unable to die. Unless this is a completely different chest of cursed gold he conveniently happened to come across inexplicably.

Skipping gun wouldn't actually improve your loot pool other than ensuring you find patron at remington or neban, and god knows why you would want that.
I get that sailing to devil's anvil and sitting through a whole cutscene takes a ton of time and effort but other than that I don't really see the negatives that come with having to get your pistol from Barbossa.
You really have pinpointed why I don't have gun haven't you👏, I'm too lazy to sail to Devil's Anvil, and I want more Patrons from Remington. Even after fully grasping all of my reasons like you have here.. *that* doesn't have anything to do with wether they should be a prerequisite for lobbies.

Thanks for trying to answer all The Crew's questions though, I'm sure they find it very helpful.

Sounds like this isn't going to change because they don't want to figure it out and it'll cost time. That works, us gunless pirates don't need lobbies we're still trying to understand the basics of the game, and the last thing anyone wants to do is take *time* away from any of The Crew, I'd like to be alive to see the coming progress unveil!

You really have pinpointed why I don't have gun haven't you👏, I'm too lazy to sail to Devil's Anvil, and I want more Patrons from Remington. Even after fully grasping all of my reasons like you have here.. *that* doesn't have anything to do with wether they should be a prerequisite for lobbies.

Thanks for trying to answer all The Crew's questions though, I'm sure they find it very helpful.

Sounds like this isn't going to change because they don't want to figure it out and it'll cost time. That works, us gunless pirates don't need lobbies we're still trying to understand the basics of the game, and the last thing anyone wants to do is take *time* away from any of The Crew, I'd like to be alive to see the coming progress unveil!
Nice

I've never really been a hardcore looter, but I'm not sure why acquiring guns of all things is a huge issue. On the attached screenshot, that person had unlocked doll and staff, both of which are entirely optional unlocks. Guns are only one weapon. I don't think they'll reduce the legendary odds that much. There are very few Legendary Dolls in the game, and no Legendary Staves at all.
It's just preference and some people think not getting a weapon type will increase your odds at getting for example a good sword instead of getting so many common/rare guns but it doesn't really increase your odds and it really shouldn't be that way anyway, I don't have any weapon type except for of course sword on my alt and my main still seems to get better loot.

Why don't you have your gun? If you don't get guns in your loot and it doesn't show up on your card, what possible negative would there be to getting your pistol from barbossa? Is it the principle of it? I don't quite understand the recent community-wide infatuation with complaining about completely inconsequential and pointless things. I like to think that MY complaining about TLOPO is at least justified.... sometimes. ;)

In any case, there's nothing wrong with TLOPO's solution to preventing people from making lobbies before they finish the tutorial, it makes perfect sense. It's also simple and effective, changing it would be pointless and like Teague said, time consuming.

But the million dollar question on my mind is what happens when Black Pearl quest is required (albeit shortened of course) to start the next story quest. What were you planning to do then? You have to talk to barbossa to even start that quest. I guess its unfair to ask you what you'd do then because we haven't reached that point yet (obviously)

It's just preference and some people think not getting a weapon type will increase your odds at getting for example a good sword instead of getting so many common/rare guns but it doesn't really increase your odds and it really shouldn't be that way anyway, I don't have any weapon type except for of course sword on my alt and my main still seems to get better loot.
So why would they get doll and staff if they wanted to maximise that chance.

Why don't you have your gun? If you don't get guns in your loot and it doesn't show up on your card, what possible negative would there be to getting your pistol from barbossa? Is it the principle of it? I don't quite understand the recent community-wide infatuation with complaining about completely inconsequential and pointless things. I like to think that MY complaining about TLOPO is at least justified.... sometimes. ;)

In any case, there's nothing wrong with TLOPO's solution to preventing people from making lobbies before they finish the tutorial, it makes perfect sense. It's also simple and effective, changing it would be pointless and like Teague said, time consuming.

But the million dollar question on my mind is what happens when Black Pearl quest is required (albeit shortened of course) to start the next story quest. What were you planning to do then? You have to talk to barbossa to even start that quest. I guess its unfair to ask you what you'd do then because we haven't reached that point yet (obviously)
You know how you can see all your weapons and their level on your player card? Well some like myself don't like seeing the gun level on the stats.

You know how you can see all your weapons and their level on your player card? Well some like myself don't like seeing the gun level on the stats.
it wont show up if you dont use it, just delete the gun you get from barbossa. crisis averted, god bless america
amen

it wont show up if you dont use it, just delete the gun you get from barbossa. crisis averted, god bless america
amen
It'll show on your player card stats a level 1 gun though.
12A56D35-BA71-49C3-9A9B-DA8D08FCA618.jpeg

This is basically what I'm talking about.

I get that sailing to devil's anvil and sitting through a whole cutscene takes a ton of time and effort but other than that I don't really see the negatives that come with having to get your pistol from Barbossa. It's still part of the tutorial, in fact Barbossa is the one that gives you the coin that turns you into a zombie so that you can pvp in the first place. So being required to talk to him before you use lobbies/pvp makes perfect sense in my opinion. The tutorial doesn't end when the welcome ocean ends

I understand the lore part but it still shouldn't prevent you getting access the community driven part. Like to not have access to lobbies over 1/3 of the categories is ridiculous. Its like when you call up your ISP and they say they have a bundle. It's like no, just give the internet alone, I don't want your bundle.

amen
Yes, this method opts you out, but only if you're the 1% that knows about it. Might as well stand in the Welcome Server with the think bubble afk warning new players, that they should delete the gun after they get it just to get access to lobbies.

How about an announcement that pops up after the whole cutscene warning people not get rep on the gun, if you don't want the weapon. Just simply delete it. And instead of the warning saying Required Gun Unlock when clicking to open the lobbies menu, it should be visit Barbossa.

Back