Loot from Fishing

Jack Spark

Honorable Pirate
Well... This is a long and tough one. I've been fishing a ton since before 1.3.8 update when I was either 45 or 46, around 1.3.6 or 1.3.7. No idea if they fixed Fishing yet but as of 1.3.9, I've been keeping track of the fish I catch. Since last evening I've caught 300 fish in total and what I'm seeing is somewhat of a pattern.

Per 100 fish I'm seeing anywhere from 1 Famed, 10-15 Rare, 15-20 Common, 10-20 Crude, and the rest nothing. I don't know if this is true but it seems like some rhythm per 100 fish going on. Of cores you can get that crazy 1 in a million chance of Legendary but that's still super rare. I will keep this up to 500 and see if anything else changes. And possibly 1000 after that to get even more solid results.

Well... This is a long and tough one. I've been fishing a ton since before 1.3.8 update when I was either 45 or 46, around 1.3.6 or 1.3.7. No idea if they fixed Fishing yet but as of 1.3.9, I've been keeping track of the fish I catch. Since last evening I've caught 300 fish in total and what I'm seeing is somewhat of a pattern.

Per 100 fish I'm seeing anywhere from 1 Famed, 10-15 Rare, 15-20 Common, 10-20 Crude, and the rest nothing. I don't know if this is true but it seems like some rhythm per 100 fish going on. Of cores you can get that crazy 1 in a million chance of Legendary but that's still super rare. I will keep this up to 500 and see if anything else changes. And possibly 1000 after that to get even more solid results.
could make sense i guess, but some time ago i got 4 bejeweled cutlass from fishing in 1hour 30 min

could make sense i guess, but some time ago i got 4 bejeweled cutlass from fishing in 1hour 30 min

That's what I'm saying. I think they may have changed the algorithm. Back before these updates I'd get 3 weapons per 2 hours of fishing and sometimes a Legendary. But as of 1.3.9, I think they may have changed it up a bit to these stats in a way.

Last edited:
No more free famed weapons mates
:pirate:

Explain please. Do you mean no "free famed weapons" anywhere??? Only fishing?

When was the change? And why?

There are so many items I would like to obtain, but have no luck getting. No good sailing items, no cannon rams, no great swords, guns, knives. *Sigh*

There are so many items I would like to obtain, but have no luck getting. No good sailing items, no cannon rams, no great swords, guns, knives. *Sigh*
the loot drop rate changed in fishing recently so its harder to obtain better stuff through fishing

From my own personal experience, I'd say that loot is totally random.
I've mastered fishing, and at level 20 I've gotten No famed, No brights, nothing good at all.
A million dolls mostly and gold, but not a single good piece of loot.
Other people who fish me though seem to get 1-2 famed per fishing trip and brights! :eek:

From my own personal experience, I'd say that loot is totally random.
I've mastered fishing, and at level 20 I've gotten No famed, No brights, nothing good at all.
A million dolls mostly and gold, but not a single good piece of loot.
Other people who fish me though seem to get 1-2 famed per fishing trip and brights! :eek:
i did about 75 hours of fishing and it doesn't seem to be random at all. as far as famed weapons go i got about 40 famed total, meaning i was averaging about 1 every 2 hours which is right around 100 fish so id say 1% drop rate for famed is pretty close to accurate right now from fishing. Also id like to add even though i now have what is essentially a perfect famed library minus admirals cutlass ( which is killing me since its the only one i wanted) It was not worth it and it was the worst week of my gaming life.

The whole looting system needs calibration further down the line. Developers are working closely with the community to make the best out of it. The attempt (if I'm not getting this wrong) is to make drops work in a similar way as they'd drop on POTCO. But other than that, the general rules are those: (i) Loot is random, (ii) There needs to be balance (according to rarity) between drop ratio of all kind of weapons.

The whole looting system needs calibration further down the line. Developers are working closely with the community to make the best out of it. The attempt (if I'm not getting this wrong) is to make drops work in a similar way as they'd drop on POTCO. But other than that, the general rules are those: (i) Loot is random, (ii) There needs to be balance (according to rarity) between drop ratio of all kind of weapons.

I agree, random it should always be, but yes of cores Famed are still rarer and Legendary need to be very rare as they still somewhat seem to be.

Back