Looting land or sea

Davy Redbones

Honorable Pirate
Okay is it better odds to get good weapons from loot from sailing, or from looting on land. I'm truly desperate to get a legendary -_-

I think the chances are even, sort of...
Personally I prefer land but I know you can get famed and brights in sea too. Just depends where you loot I guess... If you like sailing and you're in a ship all day then yes you will eventually get something from there, if you like normal looting then you'll find good stuff too
*I think the only way to find a legendary is looting on land though, but there's always a slim chance of getting it anywhere else

Hope that helped :D

Well at sea I guess you can get famed and possibly even the Lost Sword (though I've never gotten any lol), but on land you can get the cursed blades, so I would say land is better.

HI Mate, I like both places for loot. You need to know what you are searching for before I can answer the "best" place to go. You can get legendary at sea but only silver freeze and El Patron. Legendary or Famed Cursed can only come from land and only on Raven's Cove or Tormenta. But as you say you want good weapons you certainly get them from sailing. There are specific weapons such as the Admiral's calls that only come from sea. All a matter of preference and ability. Do you have access to a good ship, captain or crew? To loot at sea you need to take down the bigger ships. Same as land, the higher the level enemy/ship the better the chance of a skull chest with a shiny new weapon. Sea skulls are rarer due to the effort in getting out and hitting ships but I rarely make a run without getting one. I have 5 skill points on treasure sense and I use golden charm to bring me to eight total on that. May or may not help but I get a famed weapon at sea weekly. This week was a Hex Breaker musket, not my cup of tea but blue letters nonetheless. I have vice admiral's cutlass but I will keep at it until I get the Admiral's. Good luck

You have better odds to loot on land.
I would suggest Darkhart for Lost Sword of El Patron, Silver Freeze, famed weapons and/or Foulberto Smasho for Silver Freeze and any other famed knives. Raven's Cove and Tormenta for any cursed famed or legendary.

I prefer land looting rather than sea looting.

Besides, you can only get cursed blades on Ravens Cove. :)

I got all of my weapons on land.

El Patron's sword.. Found it at Neban The Silent while trying to master Grenades haha

I sail a lot and have found no legendary weapons at sea but have found famed. Land plundering gives you better odds because you can defeat more high level enemies faster than you can sink large ships. If your mission is finding legendary, stay on land.

Plundering on land is a little boring for me so I spend time on both land and sea.

Back