Looting = Random

Dog McMenace

Swashbuckler
After 30 ish hours of looting over the past 3 days I've noticed that there seems to be (not sure if just a coincidence or not) that I've consistently been getting brights / dark blacks every 15 minutes or so without fault. I am not getting any more or any less every 15 minutes or so. So it seems to me or is looking like there is a cool down or a cycle of brights dropping.

Is this correct? Or am I just going mad?

P.S Skull chests are abysmal

The details of your particular observation are not enough to be sure that you have found a pattern but I have seen enough patterns in loot to say with certainty that loot is not random. There is game code available and you can do statistical analysis on your drops to find out more. I did notice a trend of bright blues falling for me yesterday but it only lasted for 4 drops, the odds of that are 1:6561 which seems highish but not impossible to be random. The thing is that you will see lots of more extreme examples if you play a lot. This leads me to be certain that loot is not entirely random. We know that some things; such as how high the enemies lvls are, what lvl your skills are and your noteariety lvl, do affect what loot you get. I am certain that there is a lot to be learned should we wish to manipulate the loot we get to our best advantage.

There's no way of telling if the developers altered the way loot works since POTCO shut down. They are definitely not going to release an official write-up, and I have high confidence that should someone figure it out, they'll only change it again to keep people from abusing it. Especially if trading is going to be an option in the future.

There's no way of telling if the developers altered the way loot works since POTCO shut down. They are definitely not going to release an official write-up, and I have high confidence that should someone figure it out, they'll only change it again to keep people from abusing it. Especially if trading is going to be an option in the future.
The code is available for you to look at and the developers have said that they have adjusted it in the past, fishing loot would be an example of this, to my knowledge it is now back to the original 2013 version but I'm not sure about that. I would think they would tell you what adjustments are current,if any, if you ask.

The code is available for you to look at and the developers have said that they have adjusted it in the past, fishing loot would be an example of this, to my knowledge it is now back to the original 2013 version but I'm not sure about that. I would think they would tell you what adjustments are current,if any, if you ask.
You're absolutely right. I looked a little deeper into it and saw it was reverted back to 2013 looting recently. I was not able to find the code you're talking about though, only documentation on the game's APIs. Do you have a link?

Back