Discussion Looting System Broken?

RenzoLeBenzo

Swashbuckler
Ok from what I remember back when I played POTCO was that Royal chests were very common in plunders from War class Navy and EITC ships. Now in terms of TLOPO, it's become a very long and drawn out grind to get any money from plunder runs. Like it took me an hour of plundering one day just to get 4 royals which my run would come out to 2-4k if I'm lucky. Looting chances need to go up a little bit in my opinion. It's way harder than it use to be.

Also bring back Treasure Fleet missions but make them less laggy so people wont crash from it. Those were fun.

Another thing is give out some good starter codes for the newbies. Would make them feel real nice to new players who is there first timers to playing TLOPO. Would help them feel welcomed into the game. "Starter Packs" is what I'm referring to. Like a low level famed weapon or pistol. Or a light galleon or frigate for a starter boat. Etc.

yes i agree the looting is horrible compared to potco i can kill behemoths and juggernauts and i end up with a full cargo crate they need to buff the drops way higher, also the land loot gold is trash compared to potco i used to get 700 and even more gold from loot skull chests and you can see that in videos now the higest u get is 250.

I completely agree on the land looting too. At most I've gotten so far from a skull chest is like 100 gold. How's that gonna buy me ammo, repair my ship, etc.

I've received around 400 max and usually 250 gold on average from loot skull chests on land. Typically at darkhart. As for sailing I agree that the royal chests are far too uncommon and the crates are way too common. I almost feel like they want to nerf the loot chances at sea and make treasure sense bring it back up to normal. Rather than a normal looting chance being raised higher by said skill. Sailing loot is extremely underwhelming in my experience and flagships are pointless loot wise. I typically farm darkhart for rares to sell and loot skulls for gold or play card games.

They're still working on it. It will eventually get better as time goes on. As for the treasure fleets, those were during events in POTCO, and as it sits right now, sea combat is too buggy for them to release something of that scale.

Haha Renzo keep to one topic per thread!

Yeah we were talking about this earlier. I feel royal chests were a lot more common back in POTCO days. I have level 5 Treasure Sense (and I had it back in POTCO too) but I can still fill a ship without a single royal chest.

For that matter, I'm wondering if Treasure Sense even works in TLOPO. Either way, royal chests were more common in POTCO without it than they are in TLOPO with it.

As @FatalPhantomAce says, sailing loot seems pretty lackluster. Sailing was always the go-to in POTCO for making money (other than card games), but in TLOPO it's slow.

They're still working on it. It will eventually get better as time goes on. As for the treasure fleets, those were during events in POTCO, and as it sits right now, sea combat is too buggy for them to release something of that scale.

That's why I said tone it down on it. Don't do as many guard ships and make the big ship of the lines have more health, etc.

I don't think its broken it just depends on your luck and lvl don't expect something good every day. Just grind and you shall see good stuff.:type:

And i don't if this is true but i was told you have a 14 percent chance of a loot skull dropping on land.

I don't think its broken it just depends on your luck and lvl don't expect something good every day. Just grind and you shall see good stuff.:type:
what? i killed 10 behemoths in a row every run i get only cargo crate most of the time its 1 crate back in potco the loot was so so much better.

And i don't if this is true but i was told you have a 14 percent chance of a loot skull dropping on land.
That doesn't make sense. It depends on what you're killing, so you can't just say "14%". I'm not getting a skull loot crate from a level 2 Sand Crab every 7 kills (on average).

i can ask a admin they prob know
Even if they do, which they might actually not since they didn't develop POTCO, they might not be willing to divulge that information. A lot of games we don't get to know the drop rate of stuff, POTCO never told us the exact odds of drops.

Edit: Guys they might have just fixed this! v1.2.7

Maintenance
  • Tweaked the rates of various cargo types to be less rare.

Last edited:
Another thing is give out some good starter codes for the newbies. Would make them feel real nice to new players who is there first timers to playing TLOPO. Would help them feel welcomed into the game. "Starter Packs" is what I'm referring to. Like a low level famed weapon or pistol. Or a light galleon or frigate for a starter boat. Etc.
Errs, disagree with the starter pack thing. Codes come and go, I personally think there should be no reason to have a code for a famed weapon. The only time that I know of when POTCO gave codes for something higher than rare was when it was closing. Otherwise, there is really no need for codes to give famed or legendary. Rare and under is fine but like I said codes come and go, there only some that stay and those are for gold.

200 gold code doesn't really give much and I know people have been talking about how disappointed they were about only getting 200 gold. 200 gold can't buy crap.

Back