Looting theory?

Jack Fireagle

Wanted Pirate
Well since ammo and tonic are some of the most common items found in loot, if you have full ammo and tonic before looting, wouldn't the game have to replace ammo and tonic with something else, like clothes or weapons?
I mean I get tons of chests and pouches with just ammo, imagine if it was always just a clothing item, the chance of getting brights...

then again it would probably be replaced with gold lol

I have wondered this as well, but not with tonics, because you still loot them when full. I have wondered that if you ONLY unlocked sword, would you have a better chance to loot famed swords later on? It seems like this may be true. But we may never know because we do not know how the looting system works.

I have wondered this as well, but not with tonics, because you still loot them when full. I have wondered that if you ONLY unlocked sword, would you have a better chance to loot famed swords later on? It seems like this may be true. But we may never know because we do not know how the looting system works.

I'm tempted to try this now. :p Unfortunately, I only have a couple Game Cards left, and I'm saving them for the best time to use them.

I've tried that - I made an alternate pirate and only unlocked sword and grenade (grenade doesn't have anything to loot once ammo is full) and my loot was cruddy- got him up to 25 with no good loot at all.

I've tried that - I made an alternate pirate and only unlocked sword and grenade (grenade doesn't have anything to loot once ammo is full) and my loot was cruddy- got him up to 25 with no good loot at all.

Yeah but imagine him by the time he was lvl 50...
You could just max everything except Gun and Dagger which are actually really useful lol
By then bound to have some Famed Cursed...

I personally think the earlier on your pirate's level you start looting, the better. Sometimes I''ll see a level 27 with 2 sack vests and 3 long sleeves and i'm level 50 looting all the time and I still only have 1 sack vest and less long sleeves.

...But then again, there probably isn't any trick to loot at all, and it's all about luck.

I personally think the earlier on your pirate's level you start looting, the better. Sometimes I''ll see a level 27 with 2 sack vests and 3 long sleeves and i'm level 50 looting all the time and I still only have 1 sack vest and less long sleeves.

...But then again, there probably isn't any trick to loot at all, and it's all about luck.

One of my best friend's brothers at lvl like 39 got DB Sack Vest and almost didn't take it because he didn't want a skirt, fortunately I told my friend about DB and he quickly ran over to his brother and took it lol

I was so jealous :(

Perhaps this is too late but, I once made a pirate and level him all the way to notoriety level 33 using only sword and staff, trying to test this theory. I deleted the pirate since I rarely used it.
Anyways I made the interesting score of looting 6 famed swords during the 27-33 lvl range. Sadly they were not-cursed save for the one i got from ravens quest. I had all the bloodfire family, masterwork cutlass, and a famed saber along with Spinecrest broadsword and tons of rare cursed blades ( getting the 30 cursed blades was actually the main reason why i made this avatar...)

Well, my doll level is very low. I NEVER get famed dolls and I am lucky to see a single doll in a day of looting. And I loot a lot.

Charles. Nice theory. You are telling people that when they loot like that it will increase the quality of loot. They really believe it so they pay extra close attention to their loot and when they happen upon a good amount of rares they say "Wow, it must be because of this method! It really works.". But all you are really doing is telling them to go out and loot. If they happen to get a famed or legendary while they are just out looting they just accredit it to your method. I could go to south idol for a few hours and say thank you disney each time I got a skull. If I get a famed while doing that does it mean that my method works? No. It just means that looting works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Dis?

LootPouchContents.png

Well, my doll level is very low. I NEVER get famed dolls and I am lucky to see a single doll in a day of looting. And I loot a lot.

Charles. Nice theory. You are telling people that when they loot like that it will increase the quality of loot. They really believe it so they pay extra close attention to their loot and when they happen upon a good amount of rares they say "Wow, it must be because of this method! It really works.". But all you are really doing is telling them to go out and loot. If they happen to get a famed or legendary while they are just out looting they just accredit it to your method. I could go to south idol for a few hours and say thank you disney each time I got a skull. If I get a famed while doing that does it mean that my method works? No. It just means that looting works.
Well......... This guide is MY way of looting I only posted it because my friends and guild mates asked me to do so. If you do not like the method don't use it. I never said it worked for EVERYONE. I said it worked for most as shown in the poll at the bottom of the page. I you want to bash my guide anymore please try little harder. This is not the first time dealing with people who are mad it did not work for them. As I say to all the people who read my guide Darknesz,

Keep up the looting and great comments! { You bashing my guide only makes it more infamous }

My tradition is putting weapons that have given me good loot in the slots with my other weapons. It's actually worked 9 times out of 10. ( I include a charm too )

Like Charles Warmonk said, yes you should try the guide, I think it will help ya. When I had Irene, (my 2nd pirate since 2010) I was never able to get good loot, and once I found out about Charlie's guide I tried it in Dark Hart for 2 days and got 4 famed. (even if I had them already I'm just saying it works :p )
I also tried it in the mines and tormenta getting some brights too like lavender coat and db blouse. It does work but maybe not on everyone, on my new toon I don't even need it, and yes I do agree that the loot is random and not like Charlie says (no offense Charlie) but It's just something else you can try and see how it goes :)

*And don't expect the loot to get better after 2 hits. Ye gotta stay there for a couple hours
Good luck!

Well......... This guide is MY way of looting I only posted it because my friends and guild mates asked me to do so. If you do not like the method don't use it. I never said it worked for EVERYONE. I said it worked for most as shown in the poll at the bottom of the page. I you want to bash my guide anymore please try little harder. This is not the first time dealing with people who are mad it did not work for them. As I say to all the people who read my guide Darknesz,

Keep up the looting and great comments! { You bashing my guide only makes it more infamous }

Bashing is a strong word. I would put it more along the lines of addressing the flaws in your theory. And you do know infamy is not a good kind of fame?

The initial comment by Jack seems to make sense. Filling on tonics and ammo may get you more weapons and clothes.

I have noticed a small pattern in guild or crew chat. When looting in different areas, we tend to either hit or strike out at the same time even when on different islands. At one point our group had Skull chests on Tormentia, Smasho and Darkhart within moments. Makes me wonder if a server gets "hot or cold" in waves.

It was probably just luck but may be something to watch.

The only method that has worked for me is simply patients.

Back