Glitch Losing all your progress

SovietWizard

Swashbuckler
Hello! I logged in today to try and find a Beta key! Unfortunately, I am now reverted to level one, with nothing in my inventory, for whatever reason. I have tried relogging, everything I could, yet I am still a level 1. I used to be level 15 with 23k gold... and a big galleon. :( Please help!

This happens to me quite a bit. I've found that logging into the game as a different pirate seems to fix the issue if simply relogging didn't.

I'm not sure where else to put this, sorry. Today I somehow cannot use my first pirate, it keeps on purposely disconnecting me from getting to any server at all. I started another pirate on the same account, no problem with getting to a server. I tried relogging, uninstall, reinstall and tried different options for the pirate, yet it's sending a telling the server to disconnect with this pirate. Something weird I noticed, it mentions the Task Manager and something about ALC and 1 item not being closed, the last line before it closes and goes back to launcher. I had found a beta key two days ago, and finally had used it yesterday, now my poor pirate can't get into the server, so I'm starting a new pirate I guess.
Any ideas, anyone???

Thanks in advance!

Relogging seems to remedy the issue. Seems to be a memory issue. See the pinned post regarding allocating memory priority to the game exe.

I'm not sure where else to put this, sorry. Today I somehow cannot use my first pirate, it keeps on purposely disconnecting me from getting to any server at all. I started another pirate on the same account, no problem with getting to a server. I tried relogging, uninstall, reinstall and tried different options for the pirate, yet it's sending a telling the server to disconnect with this pirate. Something weird I noticed, it mentions the Task Manager and something about ALC and 1 item not being closed, the last line before it closes and goes back to launcher. I had found a beta key two days ago, and finally had used it yesterday, now my poor pirate can't get into the server, so I'm starting a new pirate I guess.
Any ideas, anyone???

Thanks in advance!
The SAME EXACT thing is happening to me.

Same thing happened to me tonight. 1/1/17 Server went down for maintenance in the middle of my time slot. When I was able to get back on I had lost everything except for the cloths on my back and my ship. Inventory gone along with all weapons and now my level is at 1 for all skills. Will try again tomorrow and if that does not work will delete and start over again.

Same thing happened to me tonight. 1/1/17 Server went down for maintenance in the middle of my time slot. When I was able to get back on I had lost everything except for the cloths on my back and my ship. Inventory gone along with all weapons and now my level is at 1 for all skills. Will try again tomorrow and if that does not work will delete and start over again.
just relog, this is a known issue. Your stuff isnt gone, it just didnt load correctly. Mine is usually back on the next relog, others say it can take up to 3. :) no worries mate

Thanks, will try again tomorrow. For the time you will find the Olde Yukon Wolf in a Tortuga grog shop bumming drinks. Even the local wenches will have nothing to do with him once they found out he was broke. It used to be a lot easier when I was a younger pirate back in the day.

Thanks, will try again tomorrow. For the time you will find the Olde Yukon Wolf in a Tortuga grog shop bumming drinks. Even the local wenches will have nothing to do with him once they found out he was broke. It used to be a lot easier when I was a younger pirate back in the day.
ROFL you are killing me Wolf

I'll buy ye a grog matey! :buds:

I lost a chicken on Port Royal. It was in a crate. If anyone finds it, please contact Toothless McGurdy immediately!
It's very important that I get this chicken back asap! It's part of the family, so to speak!
I need this chicken!!!

I tried this morning at 3 am PST with only 15 people on a server to get in with my original pirate, the one I'm having problems with and still can't get her in. I noticed something odd when trying to get in on my laptop instead of my pc and that is: Right before the disconnect I hear the sound of coins, just like when we port our ships after getting treasure.

I tried this morning at 3 am PST with only 15 people on a server to get in with my original pirate, the one I'm having problems with and still can't get her in. I noticed something odd when trying to get in on my laptop instead of my pc and that is: Right before the disconnect I hear the sound of coins, just like when we port our ships after getting treasure.
Sarah, this is the exact problem with me. Log says something about task manager, i hear coins. Boom game closes out. no warning

sarah, what level was the pirate in question, and do you have more then one pirate that is affected? Also, make sure you contact customer support with the question also, since it sounds like an individual issue here, meaning its not happening to all pirates, just a few.

She is 13th and only she is effected, none of my other pirates. I did contact customer service this morning after I tried to log her in at 3 am pst. I sent a screenshot of right before it boots her out with the question for customer service. Crossing my fingers. Hopefully there are not too many others this is happening to, though I see James Badbones had it happen also. If I hear anything I'll post here.
Happy New Year!!

Yes, this has also happened to me many times even though I've only played twice so far. I've found that I can go sailing with this issue and after a kill my notoriety and sailing level reappear correctly, also re logging often fixes the issue entirely.

Last edited:
TLOPO noteriety and items bug.png

Back