LOTRO downtime July 20, 2015 for Update 16.2 and Preview

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
Scheduled Server Downtime: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, July 20th.

The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, July 20th from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a new Osgiliath PvMP map and the Adventures of Bingo Boffin episodic content.

Roving Threats will be added to Evendim, The North Downs, and the dangerous reaches of Mirkwood.”
Treasure caches of update 16.2

Evendim-tc.jpg

Following the trend of retroactively adding level 100 content to aging regions, treasure caches and roving threats will invade Evendim, the North Downs and Southern Mirkwood beginning with update 16.2.

Fight your way to the top in style:

Cosmetic weapons are coming
Frying-pans05.jpg

According to Bullroarer (test server), players will have access to three new cosmetic slots on their cosmetic outfits panel accessed through the character panel: one for main-hand weapons, one for shields and one for ranged. Simply drag and drop a weapon or shield onto the appropriate slot and equip the outfit. You will be limited to class-appropriate weapons, so no halberds on Rune-keepers or Hunters with shields.

This post is for informational purposes only. It does in no way show my excitement for these particular changes as I eagerly await other important game content to be added. If you have any Lotro questions I may be able to help with or if you're wanting to venture into Middle Earth as an Elf, Man, Dwarf or Hobbit, please feel free to contact me.
We'd love to have you join us!

Don't forget Lotro will be down July 20th, Monday morning from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Thank you for the update. I have a situation with my computer that it will not pull the game information after I click the start button. It freezes on the loading frame... but after an update, it will start up again. So... tomorrow night I will be making up a Locksmythe character on the Firefoote server and will look for your noteworthy Kinship! See you in the Game! Farewell, for now! - Robert Locksmythe

That was happening to me too! Maybe after this update that will fix that problem??? That's why I haven't played the game in so many months, I kept getting stuck after hitting start and I thought it was just my old computer but then it was doing it on my new computer too!

Perhaps it is a virus protection or anti-malware issue, but I have not been able to find it as of yet! I did have a moment of success returning my computer to Framework.NET 1.1. This is something they recommend in LotRO Forums.. Then it hung up again.

If you have any technical issues like loading and crashes you should file a report through the launcher support tab where the Turbine technical support can try to help. Solutions to technical issues would be dependent on your software and hardware, so what works for one person may not be the right fix for another.

Back