Low FPS/ Other Minor Bugs

Schizo

Swashbuckler
I did a search on the forums for this before, but the newest thing I found was from last year. I'm getting low framerates, and I wanted to see if this is just something on my end, or if it happens to multiple people. To be fair, my CPU is from 2009, and it was made for hosting servers rather than gaming...

When there's no other players or NPCs on screen, I get a steady 60 fps, regardless of the settings. In fact, the settings don't seem to change the fps too terribly much (maybe a 5-10 difference from low to high). I was on a ship earlier, and there were 10 other people on it--the settings were on medium, I should mention--and there were probably 3 other ships surrounding the one I was on. I was getting around 5-6 fps.

Specs:
Nvidia GTX 1080
16GB RAM
Intel Xeon W3550
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aside from that, there are a few other bugs I noticed, they're very minor, but I may as well mention them since I'm posting here, anyways. I apologize for being redundant if these have been mentioned before.

The ray of light points to the wrong place sometimes. As an example, I was at Tortuga and needed to go visit the bartender, Carver. The ray of light was pointing me towards Dr. Grog. Not a big issue, pretty easy to figure out.

Another thing is that the hints, which I have since disabled, are a little wonky at times. I logged in once to be told by them that I had enough gold to buy a new frigate. I opened my inventory and had like... 200 gold. Again, not a big issue, but I figured I may as well mention it.

If playing In Full Screen , Drop your game window to desk top and then reopen , My FPS clears after this and runs smoothly . I do this after each log In .

TLOPO/POTCO rely mainly on cpu, So even if your graphics card is great a CPU upgrade would help fps ALOT.

Back