Low level Navy ships?

gabbiethegay

Dockworker
I'm having trouble finding any Bulwarks/Ferrets by the Port Royal-Tortuga area, which is annoying because, y'know... quests. Do they have really weird spawn times, have that weird "sail through the island" glitch, or spawn somewhere else now?

Try around Raven's Cove. Oddly enough, there's a lot of low level ships that spawn there. Between Cuba and Ravens is best.

I concur with Sky. Also when you get into quests that require a lot of skeleton ships you can find a lot behind Perdida and in between Driftwood and Perdida towards Cuba also even flaring out past the southwest side of Tormenta. You can also find many skeleton ships on the northeast side of Padres between Padres and Kingshead. If you're really ambitious you can always find skeleton ships on the circular exterior fringe behind all islands. Yes this was about the little bulwarks and ferrets but just adding some more tips for skellies when needed.

It seems that the game really does hide ships when you have a quest for them. Someone told me that Disney sent them an email back in the potco days that admitted as such. Of course Ferrets are common enough that if you use a fast ship you can cover the entire map fairly quickly thus locating them. The Wiki has good information on ship locations by the way.

I have also had trouble finding a ferret ship. I sailed all around the location it said they were at but couldn't find anything. It might help to add more low-level ships in general for starter players since we can't attack the big ships.

I was just about to ask this question. The same goes for the EITC Sea Vipers. Matter of fact, there are hardly ANY ships around when I set sail. I think this has been brought up before, but the ray of light that's supposed to guide you to your quest item (i.e. a ship) points to Port Royal all the time, and there aren't any ships there.

When the ray of light shows, there is one in view of your ship, but you may have to move the camera around to see it.

I see a lot of low level ships around ravens cove and perdida and even if its not the actual case it seems like the more populated the server the more enemy ships in the ocean thus try sailing on abassa or andaba, just avoid the mat runners.

Too many low level ships are In places they never where In Potco thus lowering the normal amounts In the area they Should be In .

Another issue I have is trying to sink the ships you need, and they're only found where there's practically an armada. Ships all over the place. There aren't usually many people on when I play, and I prefer to play solo, which includes sailing solo (heaven help me if there's ever a quest to board a flag ship!)

Back