Suggestion Lower the galleon.

wearyaxe

Honorable Pirate
The thing is practically flying in the air! It is as if she has no weight at all despite how slow she is. I think she should be lowered.

Real water level:
galleon1.jpg

Water level in-game:
latest

Last edited:
It's weird, if you look closely at the galleon it even has the dampened wood up to about 20% ways up the hull. I think it should be lowered, I agree, secondarily because it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to hit anything with her broadsides if it's a light-class ship or if it's a sloop in general.

This would be a great idea in terms of gameplay, because as it stands right now with how high the Galleons ride in the water it is nearly impossible to hit non-Galleons with the broadsides hitting only the sails, and its currently impossible to not get hit due to the sheer size of the hull that presents a target that is hard to miss.

I noticed this sailing my War Galleon before. I noticed the rudder wasn't even in the water while making a turn and the thought crossed my mind. I kinda figured being "Big" was the galleons downside and that it possibly was done purposely on a balance type of deal. Smaller profile on all sides; something the galleon isn't well known for. If the players galleon is to be adjusted, all AI galleons should be adjusted accordingly.

Edit: I'm not saying they'll be small, but it'll be much more on par with a Frigates profile for example.

I noticed this sailing my War Galleon before. I noticed the rudder wasn't even in the water while making a turn and the thought crossed my mind. I kinda figured being "Big" was the galleons downside and that it possibly was done purposely on a balance type of deal. Smaller profile on all sides; something the galleon isn't well known for. If the players galleon is to be adjusted, all AI galleons should be adjusted accordingly.

Edit: I'm not saying they'll be small, but it'll be much more on par with a Frigates profile for example.

Yes, BUT....

The Frigate's entire body is also floating on the surface of the water. The Frigate is among the ships that need to be adjusted.

Back