Suggestion Make it so you can see players sailing when on land.

wearyaxe

Honorable Pirate
I know you sort of can see a bit of a silhouette of it, but what I am suggesting is that it be clearer to see player ships, and AI ships sailing by the island that you are on. It would be really immersive to be able to see a ship battle from the beach. Of course, there would be a limit of how far you can see. Two ships fighting from across the entire ocean obviously isn't going to be visible.

I know you sort of can see a bit of a silhouette of it, but what I am suggesting is that it be clearer to see player ships, and AI ships sailing by the island that you are on. It would be really immersive to be able to see a ship battle from the beach. Of course, there would be a limit of how far you can see. Two ships fighting from across the entire ocean obviously isn't going to be visible.
This would be a cool idea, I've seen Navy Bulwarks going right through Tortuga, but thats not what you meant lol ;)

As cool as some suggestions sound, a lot of extra things that pose no real benefit to game play can cause unnecessary lag. If you're on the ship yourself plundering you wouldn't need to be on shore watching someone else do it :p
;-;

This would be a nice visual addition however it would cause a large amount of lag for some players as well as some new potential crashes and exploits as well id imagine having both areas loaded at once could prove troublesome this is something that i would like to see much further down the road once they have a reasonable way of implementing it though

As cool as some suggestions sound, a lot of extra things that pose no real benefit to game play can cause unnecessary lag. If you're on the ship yourself plundering you wouldn't need to be on shore watching someone else do it :p
It's certainly true that in POTCO Disney did away with players on different ships being able to see and chat with each other on the high seas in order to reduce lag. I did like that feature though and often chatted with players on other ships. There is no question that the sailing mechanics that were added at that time were a big improvement and lag reduction was needed for playability.

It's a cool idea in theory but the amount of stress you would put on the server would be much larger because whenever you port to an island it would have to load the entire sea as well and I rather have a better frame rate than a cosmetic bonus.

Back