Max Gold 1 Million

p1dluQf.jpg

Yeah I think perhaps up to 500k myself but that's just my opinion...
Had to use this meme!! :D

999,999 Works Too.. It's Just It Gets Annoying Sometimes.. If Your A Person Who Saves Gold And Materials To Upgrade Your Ship To Level 6 In One Shot, It's Really Annoying Because You Have All The Mats Needed But End Up Needing To Get Gold Again Just To Achieve That One Upgrade. And Now That They Changed The Loot System It's Even Harder But Aye, Work Hard, Get Paid

200000 was fine, 300000 is also ok, what would more gold do for you? There is nothing in the game that you can pay that much for and gold is easy to get when you want it so what possible advantage could having 1M gold give you? I don't get it.

200000 was fine, 300000 is also ok, what would more gold do for you? There is nothing in the game that you can pay that much for and gold is easy to get when you want it so what possible advantage could having 1M gold give you? I don't get it.
So when you loot you at least earn some gold if you wind up not getting any good weapons.

Wouldn't it be better if the developers just did away with gold completely and make everything free? It seems to me the suggestion is really that this particular part of the game is tedious and some people want it to be made easy for them. I think going back to 200000 gold would be better for the game as it is. Of course if the developers are planning to add a bunch of much more expensive items to the game then it would make sense to increase the max. gold limit.

Okay, I get both sides, but from direct experience, I'm working to upgrade, need only 130,000 gold and tons of iron. While collecting loot for iron, I easily hit 300 and now I have to spend the gold on something so I can unload items not needed. It's really a waste to me to 'trash' greens and other good paying things because I can't get more gold. The selling function takes forever and so does trashing one item at a time. I spend gold on a second ship upgrade just to use it up so I can keep looting. Picking and choosing while playing and looting is also time consuming.
On my 50 pirate, all I have left as an initiative is getting something red while looting and IRON while sailing.

Upping the gold would be more than fine with me. I don't see why it's limited in the first place. Maybe server space back in the day?
Don't we keep most of our pirate info and client details on our computers, not tlopo? If tlopo kept complete histories ie: like WOW/blizzard, then we could actually get everything back after roll backs. Blizzard will restore your complete account and stats if hacked, or you have a good enough reason of account loss. I don't think tlopo has that capability yet. I think tlopo has the standard game logs of playtimes, but not whole player stat histories and whatnot. I could be wrong.

Upping the gold would be more than fine with me. I don't see why it's limited in the first place. Maybe server space back in the day?
Don't we keep most of our pirate info and client details on our computers, not tlopo? If tlopo kept complete histories ie: like WOW/blizzard, then we could actually get everything back after roll backs. Blizzard will restore your complete account and stats if hacked, or you have a good enough reason of account loss. I don't think tlopo has that capability yet. I think tlopo has the standard game logs of playtimes, but not whole player stat histories and whatnot. I could be wrong.
Everything is saved server-side, which is why running a MMO is usually cost intensive.

Everything is saved server-side, which is why running a MMO is usually cost intensive.
Maybe or maybe not. Has tlopo ever restored any pirates stats or loot after a roll back? I've never seen it. There are different game formats out there. I would say the game server keeps everything necessary to run the game world. I don't believe that includes a complete redundant history of every single pirate.

To be perfectly honest, there is no limit to how much gold you can have in the game, so long as you spend it as you go.
There is absolutely zero need for so much gold.

Can always do the gold exchange with friends, guildmates or if you have a second account could have a noob hold your gold like a bank lol

To be perfectly honest, there is no limit to how much gold you can have in the game, so long as you spend it as you go.
There is absolutely zero need for so much gold.
I'd support going back to 200k max over any increase to the max gold limit. People should just go out and get it if and when they want it. It's a whole lot easier to get than it is to whine about.

Can always do the gold exchange with friends, guildmates or if you have a second account could have a noob hold your gold like a bank lol
What gold exchange? Are you thinking about potco? I didn't think there was a any way in the game to move money without spending it.

What gold exchange? Are you thinking about potco? I didn't think there was a any way in the game to move money without spending it.
Yes there is. You do it through poker. You and the pirate you want to give gold to (they will have to some gold) sit down. Your objective is to get the npcs to fold, by raising and sometimes one might have to call. Once all npcs have folded, you can put in has much gold as want to give. Note: if you have to do it more then once, make sure you both get up from the table and sit back down. It resets like it is your first time.

Yes there is. You do it through poker. You and the pirate you want to give gold to (they will have to some gold) sit down. Your objective is to get the npcs to fold, by raising and sometimes one might have to call. Once all npcs have folded, you can put in has much gold as want to give. Note: if you have to do it more then once, make sure you both get up from the table and sit back down. It resets like it is your first time.
Ye. So the two real pirates just do max raises, i think theres a cap on raise amounts, but you can go back and forth and then one folds? Never tried that. And it isn't an exploit by nature.
Also how do you tell a npc at a table

Ye. So the two real pirates just do max raises, i think theres a cap on raise amounts, but you can go back and forth and then one folds? Never tried that. And it isn't an exploit by nature.
Also how do you tell a npc at a table
This was a common way of giving friends gold in potco and is apparently also popular in tlopo. You will see that eventually you will get a hand where all the AIs fold and you and your friend will then be free to up the pot to what ever you agree on. Some islands, read Padres, have higher stakes games and you can up the pot much faster there.

You can also do this if you have another pirate on a different account ofc. Little tricker then giving to a friend, but not hard.

Back