Quests MEGATHREAD: Crash during Barbossa pistol cutscene

James Flint

Sea Legs
When you go to meet Cpt. BarBossa for the first after the cutscene ends with him the game seems to crash! Wonder if anyone else is having this problem!?

Staff edit: See the workarounds thread for a workaround for this bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on a mac and admittedly have never played the game before so I agreed to do the tutorial in the beginning of the game. Every time I get to the cannon on the ship towards what I assume to be the end of the tutorial and fire for the first time the game crashes moments later. I have done this multiple times and every time when I fire the cannon it crashes. Is there any reason why this is happening? Is it because I'm on a mac? Do I need to create a new character and skip the tutorial? PLEASE HELP

I am on a mac and admittedly have never played the game before so I agreed to do the tutorial in the beginning of the game. Every time I get to the cannon on the ship towards what I assume to be the end of the tutorial and fire for the first time the game crashes moments later. I have done this multiple times and every time when I fire the cannon it crashes. Is there any reason why this is happening? Is it because I'm on a mac? Do I need to create a new character and skip the tutorial? PLEASE HELP

Hey I am having the same problem on my mac. I am going to try my PC and let you know. It may be the mac but it could be something else.

I get to Devil's Anvil and I get to the cutscene. But when he throws the pistol, the game crashes. When you skip it, it crashes.

I believe that you are able to bypass this by buying a pistol? I could be wrong so don't take my word for it.

E:
3e39a3a236cc87097d407d5fba49fb59.png

Last edited:
@Tiim and @Nalani are spot on. Any firearms shop will sell you the basic flintlock pistol for free. if you do this prior to sailing to the grotto, the quest should work just fine for you. It's a pretty common bug that doesn't affect everyone, but does rear its ugly little head from time to time. Happy Adventuring! Two armored thumbs up!

I'm trying to obtain my pistol from Captain Barbossa, but every time the initial cinematic ends, my game crashes and I end up teleported back to Port Royal.

So i'm new to the new game and i cant get past this one part without the whole game crashing. It's the Devil's Anvil Cutscene/Quest in the begining of the game. Do you know how to fix it or will it be fixed?

Thanks
~Shelby

Back