Quests MEGATHREAD: Crash during Barbossa pistol cutscene

Well, this happend to me and all i did was make a new character. Also when you're in the game and go on a ship and fire you might crash but im not sure. People say turning your volume off and graphics low help but it didn't for me maybe it might for you but im not sure. Hopefully this worked for you! Good luck.

I am on a mac and admittedly have never played the game before so I agreed to do the tutorial in the beginning of the game. Every time I get to the cannon on the ship towards what I assume to be the end of the tutorial and fire for the first time the game crashes moments later. I have done this multiple times and every time when I fire the cannon it crashes. Is there any reason why this is happening? Is it because I'm on a mac? Do I need to create a new character and skip the tutorial? PLEASE HELP
Hey I am having the same problem on my mac. I am going to try my PC and let you know. It may be the mac but it could be something else.
It's an ongoing issue that is being looked into. For the meantime, in game settings turn graphics on low and sound off. That (should) help, but you still may get some crashing occasionally. Patience!

My game keeps crashing when I do to the quest to get the hand cannon as soon as the cutscene is down it kicks me out what do I do?

I Have an new pirate I'm wanting to work on but every time I try to go to Barbossa to unlock gun I disconnect. I don't know what the problem is, I've made other alts and they unlock gun fine, but this one doesn't. Any suggestions?

Exactly what Nalani said :) Any gun shop owner will sell you the basic flintlock model for free! Go ahead and bring that with you to Devil's Anvil and it should work the quest for you. I 'think' you will have to equip it as well.. :)

I am at the part where i am supposed to meet Barbossa but my game crashes every time, and no it doesnt crash anywhere else and i have restarted my pc a view times.

When i enter the cave, i cna move, but past a certain point an short movie will roll and i can watch ot or skip it but when it ends i see my character for like 1 second and then the game just closes/crashes, it just like i werent in the game. I tried watching the movie, skipping, moving before entering the cave. Putting the quest tracker on and on and nothing works. Please, if you read this. I thank you for making and keeping up this game, and i am happy its FINALLY back open :D

Back