Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ship's been too aggressive is true, even when you attack one of the bigger ships they move like a navy ferret it defies logic big ship should be slower, coding needs a second look at.

So many bug in this game that i cant begin to list. no offence to the people behind this game you have done a brilliant job with the progress. I have to stress that the game is just not ready to be open to public regardless of the beta this version is not beta no where near it.

More coding > more testing > beta

Ive noticed that the Sailing Enemy AI is aggressive. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11. I started a new pirate off fresh in celebration, and when I needed to sink a Navy Ferret, by the time I finished I had 5 other Navy ships circling me, firing upon me and I had not even shot them. Some of them did not even shoot me until they followed me good ways out from where they were circling. Being a landlubber isn't such a terrible idea right now o.o
it's life :p

Most people seem to report the higher speed and aggression of enemy ships, however I see the problem of reputation given as the biggest challenge. With a regular sloop with one cannoneer the highest reputation I received sailing was 24 points, and this was the result of sinking a Behemoth at sailing lvl 11 with my cannoneer aiming at the sails only. The average is around 8 to 10 points a kill even when only attacking war class enemies. If a generous 20 point average were assumed, it would take 95 kills to advance from lvl 11 to 12, and if reputation assumed 20 continuously (which would again underestimate kills needed) then to progress from my position to lvl 15 would take approximately 440 kills. Once again this number is a low estimate of the actual value of ships it would take. I understand this problem is known I just wanted to give specific detail to the problem. Also with all of this being said I must say I am very pleased with the work that has been done in creating this game, it is phenomenal the quality that the game has reached even as it is now and it is only improving continuously.:cheers:

I could shoot like a regular cannon like this. It was great.

Attachments

• uhhh.PNG
    uhhh.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 185
Anyone else have buggy ships where they jump around randomly when you are shooting at them or is it just me? like ill shoot at them then they will freeze then they will jump then sail normal for like 10 seconds then do it over again. makes sinking them extremely hard.. just wanted to know if anyone else is having this or just me?

Anyone else have buggy ships where they jump around randomly when you are shooting at them or is it just me? like ill shoot at them then they will freeze then they will jump then sail normal for like 10 seconds then do it over again. makes sinking them extremely hard.. just wanted to know if anyone else is having this or just me?

Sailing will have some issues as we are still in the Beta Testing Stage. As for your issues, I'm sure other people are having them here:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/megathread-sailing-and-ship-issues.18580/

probably just lag. it's a beta so the servers and connection aren't as strong as a full release game would have

I had just bought a new ship (a galleon if any wanted to know) and went out with it for about a minute before the game crashed. I finally got back in and the gold for the ship is out of my inventory, but I now do not have the ship. What do?

Warships take way too much damage, they could sink in 2-3 hits sometimes. The normal brig and frigate takes less damage, and is currently better.

I have noticed that ships do not respawn and only 2 enemy ships load but do not move. player ships spawn in but do not move at all.

I have noticed that ships do not respawn and only 2 enemy ships load but do not move. player ships spawn in but do not move at all.

Also, on the way from tortuga to del fuego, i passed 3 flag ships that where in the sinking animation. once they were gone the names remaind. no one was around to sink them

Also, on the way from tortuga to del fuego, i passed 3 flag ships that where in the sinking animation. once they were gone the names remaind. no one was around to sink them

everytime i am on another persons ship it all seems to work but after a couple minutes my game shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back