Sailing MEGATHREAD: Sailing (Non-Hunter)/Ships/Lack of Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they already fixed the rep gains, at least for cannon. I'm having no problems leveling my cannon now, if I take out the sails and then the hull, even when with a crew of people, I get around 60-100 rep per ship. If sailing, though, broadsides will get me 30 rep per ship on average.

I think they have fixed sailing rep by now even with 3 guys on cannons I was getting 60-120 rep per ship, depending on how many of my broadsides actually hit but I also was fighting high level ships near padres and I have a regular galleon.

When they reopened the beta I had to make a new character for some reason my main was gone and it only took me an hour maybe 2 to get sailing level 5. Once you get past that threshold to level 5 sailing and purchase a regular ship, leveling is never easier, i'm able to solo war versions of ships and you level quick, not to mention if you have a crew the sailing level just continues to rise.

I'm not sure why but my entire sailing experience is the opposite of this. I've regularly been receiving more xp from ships, both when on cannon but also while sailing. The loot has been much more consistent with what I'd expect from the ships that I'm sinking. Frankly the only thing that doesn't give xp or loot would be flagships, even though I've found that at leas the Spanish and EITC (Sentinel and Corvettes) are consistently working for me.

While sailing by myself, I deal with the phenomenon of the ships clumping together by sailing within cannon range of the convoy, hitting escape to let go the wheel and run down to a cannon, then shooting the cannon at the ship I want to engage and it usually comes for me after I hit it. Then I go back up to steer the ship and work the broadsides. Pulling them out of the clump like that makes the engagement a little safer and less costly repair wise. :)

While sailing by myself, I deal with the phenomenon of the ships clumping together by sailing within cannon range of the convoy, hitting escape to let go the wheel and run down to a cannon, then shooting the cannon at the ship I want to engage and it usually comes for me after I hit it. Then I go back up to steer the ship and work the broadsides. Pulling them out of the clump like that makes the engagement a little safer and less costly repair wise. :)
with my tactic you would want to shoot them all and any other ships in the vicinity till you got about 10-15 on you hehe :p

Aye aye everyone! I have a problem since today, I've set my ship as a public ship, after that I tried to board a flagship but it didn't let me board it (the option to board didn't appear) so I decided to go away and port on Port Royale, since porting I can't launch anymore that ship because it says that my ship is full of people and with cargo on it (even there is not anyone on it!) Also I can't use my ship since 7-8 hours...what can I do? Thanks for the reply :)

Aye aye everyone! I have a problem since today, I've set my ship as a public ship, after that I tried to board a flagship but it didn't let me board it (the option to board didn't appear) so I decided to go away and port on Port Royale, since porting I can't launch anymore that ship because it says that my ship is full of people and with cargo on it (even there is not anyone on it!) Also I can't use my ship since 7-8 hours...what can I do? Thanks for the reply :)
Flagships are a little bugged - as of the most recent update, Navy and EITC flagships no longer work and sometimes the option to board a flagship no longer appears. As for your ship, I don't know. In theory, that would've been because you had set the ship to public and teleported off of it while there were other people present and then they started plundering and more people joined. If this isn't the case, must just be a weird bug.

Hey saw this just now, must have been 7-8 ships at least! Look at my compass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 106
I was wondering if the ship materials chests are bugged because I have not gotten a single drop of materials for a fat week and a half and I was wondering if the amount you get would ever be changed because I'm only one of a lot of people that want to upgrade their ship to the max.

I have earned ship materials from random ships. Sinking hoards of navy ferrets and bulwarks I have earned maybe 3-4 ship mat chests over the week. Not a single one from sinking war ships.

Flagships are a little bugged - as of the most recent update, Navy and EITC flagships no longer work and sometimes the option to board a flagship no longer appears.
One thing I discovered is that if you shoot grappling hooks after the boarding message appears, it makes the message disappear. I don't think that's going to help with messages that never appear, but it's something to keep in mind I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back