Memory Leaks - Would this help?

Dreadful

Notorious Pirate
There's a program called CleanMem which claims to help with memory leaks, especially for users with low RAM. I know TLOPO gives problems with memory leaks, and the only other thing I've heard people say is to prioritize TLOPO in task manager. Would CleanMem help to stop TLOPO memory leaks, or am I missing something? I just installed it from their website, and it didn't give me malware or any other problems.

it might work, let me know if it helps you at all.
I've crashed once while using it, which isn't totally out of the norm even for when I didn't have it installed. However, that crash may have been a result of me not managing it properly. Also, the only FPS reduction I've noticed has been very minor.

I've crashed once while using it, which isn't totally out of the norm even for when I didn't have it installed. However, that crash may have been a result of me not managing it properly. Also, the only FPS reduction I've noticed has been very minor.

So, does that mean you have been getting better frames with it?

This will probably help. It may or may not work, there are a lot of factors.

What the program does is, it asks Windows once in every 15 minutes to remove unused pages from the main memory.

The advantages of this :
-Windows already does what the program does, but the developers claim they know better. (Will see, who knows)
-The program asks Windows through it's API to do the page replacement, it's not forcing it, which means if something crashes, it's not CleanMem's fault.

Disadvantages :
-It will probably reduce performance on very slow hardware, because of constantly having to remove allocated pages and overwrite them to the hard drive if they are changed, but if the process needs them slightly after they have been removed, it result into a page fault. These two things slow down performance, but shouldn't be noticeable at all.

So, does that mean you have been getting better frames with it?
No, the developers state that it won't improve performance, but rather just reduce wastes in memory and help with memory leaks. I've noticed about a 5-6 FPS drop at most, although that number is probably a bit too high.

Back