Modern loading screen concept art

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by Darkslinger, May 8, 2018.

1. Darkslinger

Darkslinger Notorious Pirate

I got bored of the old/ugly loading screens in place, so I made some new ones for fun. Each screen features the name of the location you're headed to, and a short description of it. The loading bar has been replaced with a small loading icon made out of the skull design found in the logo. The new TLOPO logo is also featured.

Feel free to share suggestions for improvement. If you want me to create one for a certain location, say the word.

high-seas loading.png

tortuga loading.png

lavagorge loading.png

padres loading.png

Last edited: May 22, 2018 at 5:09 AM
  2. Darkslinger

3. Captain John Slate

Captain John Slate Honorable Pirate

Really like the ones for High Seas and Port Royal

4. Nick Sparrow Studios

Nick Sparrow Studios Pirate Apprentice

Wow I really like those!
    One thing:
    If we want best quaility..... the must enable max lod for all models when taking the pictures and nothing may dissappear!

I think my PC can handle it with 40-60 FPS without moving at 4K, so if you want I'd like to help!

5. Darkslinger

Hey, Nick! I'm glad you like them.

The images featured (except for Padres del Fuego/Port Royal) were obtained from online sources. So naturally, they weren’t of the best quality and aren't that detailed. The point of the concept images is to highlight the new design/drastic overhaul of the loading screens. I do have a lot of other designs in mind that I haven't yet created, though.

If the time comes for new loading screens to be implemented, I'm sure that the images used will be of a much higher quality. Plus, they'll be captured during the best lighting conditions, using a different method.

Thanks for the tips and for offering your assistance, though!

6. Nick Sparrow Studios

Nick Sparrow Studios Pirate Apprentice

My new PC will come saturnday, need to prepare some installing tho, but I have a offline potco with max lod. So if you like I make some screenshots of it, so you can create more of such things!!! Keep in mind I do not have access to sailing