Question Muertos Moon- what does the community want?

What would you like to see with Muertos Moon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...A lot of the solutions that have been mentioned are certainly viable, but at the heart of this issue is the community and how we behave towards this event and each other.
I feel you make some good points. I feel community engagement is not getting enough attention that it rightly deserves on this issue. Perhaps that is a key motivational factor behind the event (ie, the 'need' to draw players out of their routine for the purpose and goal of better community engagement). What is somewhat ironic is that it didn't seem to become such a heated issue or problem for us players on POTCO. Now that y'all are playing TLOPO, attitudes towards the event have significantly changed. I am wondering why...

I understand the pros and cons. Each side should be heard! I just fear that what is most at stake here is community engagement/fun and because that is so...the decision ultimately made should not be done quickly nor on a whim. Not sayin' that will be the case. Just sayin' this issue is too game changing to not be heavily deliberated over. If that is the case, a level of patience needs to be heed by every one whom plays.

I feel you make some good points. I feel community engagement is not getting enough attention that it rightly deserves on this issue. Perhaps that is a key motivational factor behind the event (ie, the 'need' to draw players out of their routine for the purpose and goal of better community engagement). What is somewhat ironic is that it didn't seem to become such a heated issue or problem for us players on POTCO. Now that y'all are playing TLOPO, attitudes towards the event have significantly changed. I am wondering why...

I understand the pros and cons. Each side should be heard! I just fear that what is most at stake here is community engagement/fun and because that is so...the decision ultimately made should not be done quickly nor on a whim. Not sayin' that will be the case. Just sayin' this issue is too game changing to not be heavily deliberated over. If that is the case, a level of patience needs to be heed by every one whom plays.
The likelihood is that it is a multi-factorial problem, however if I had to guess I would say that it is because the player base is older / has aged. I am not saying there were not teenagers or adults in POTCO, but a lot of us were just kids, not even teenagers, and as such we were more receptive to new things, new surprises etc. Everyone who plays both games is now older than they were in POTCO, and if I was to assume, then it would have to be that people simply know what they like to do more now, and know what they specifically do not like to do as well. I was thinking, if the community can't sort it out ourselves, then potentially there could be item rewards implemented for participation in the Muertos events, or rewards for certain goals reached in the event or whatever, but if there was say - a legendary item added, then maybe looters would be more inclined to play to acquire this item.

I'm personally not sure about the viability of the proposed solution, however if I had to guess it would at least in some way bridge the gap between pvp and looters. It may potentially bring the two communities closer together, and decrease the dog-fights that are ever so present on the forums, in discord servers and in the game.

The likelihood is that it is a multi-factorial problem, however if I had to guess I would say that it is because the player base is older / has aged. I am not saying there were not teenagers or adults in POTCO, but a lot of us were just kids, not even teenagers, and as such we were more receptive to new things, new surprises etc. Everyone who plays both games is now older than they were in POTCO, and if I was to assume, then it would have to be that people simply know what they like to do more now, and know what they specifically do not like to do as well. I was thinking, if the community can't sort it out ourselves, then potentially there could be item rewards implemented for participation in the Muertos events, or rewards for certain goals reached in the event or whatever, but if there was say - a legendary item added, then maybe looters would be more inclined to play to acquire this item.

I'm personally not sure about the viability of the proposed solution, however if I had to guess it would at least in some way bridge the gap between pvp and looters. It may potentially bring the two communities closer together, and decrease the dog-fights that are ever so present on the forums, in discord servers and in the game.
Your guess about all of us aging upon the game is spot-on, in my opinion. With that (like you mentioned) are player game styles and preferences. These are factors TLOPO and the community cannot forget...for with age, the natural tendency is to become semi-stubborn in our ways. As a kid (as you mentioned) we are less so and open more to changes, generally speaking.

*Heck as a kid I used to pretend I was the family dog and bark at the garbage truck (as it passed by). For some reason...I do not do this anymore. :confused:

Hi all,

This thread along with a similar thread have been locked to allow cooler heads to prevail. It's nice to see the community coming together and discussing current ingame content/offering suggestions, but please remember that there are real people on the other side of a computer screen who deserve to be treated with respect just like everyone else.

The TLOPO team will consider some of the suggestions made to revise the event for the future.

-Global Mod Arabella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back