My First 3 Hours of TLOPO

Nonwibb

Dockworker
I just finished my first playtime slot and here are my thoughts on the game.

While the game is obviously good, it's also obviously early on in its stages.
These are not complaints, just trying to help the devs.

Of my 3 hours in the game, 80% was spent loading, crashing, and cringing from lag spikes.

Upon starting the game, the main menu screen had about 60 fps on high. This game's graphics aren't anything close to remarkable, but that is because this game is old, I get that. But my fps, I hope will be to big to fit on the screen when this game is finished, because I'm on a gaming PC. My problem here is that I can't change the graphics. If I set them on low, I'm told I need to restart to take effect. When the game starts back up it crashes. When I start it back up a second time, my graphics go back to high. I have to play with low fps. (In game averages about 5-20 fps)

As far as glitches and bugs go, here is what I remember:
When entering Barbossa's Grotto the first time, I was okay, but when I took a step forward, the cutscene tried to load and crashed the game. While on my ship, I would get stuck on the steering wheel after hitting shift which didn't give me control of the ship. As soon as I tried teleporting to another island to fix it, the game crashed. A lot of the time just loading an area crashed the game. I fell through the map plenty of times when in buildings. This happened by just talking to people in buildings. Trying to spawn the ship often crashed. And entering the gunshop on the shore of Tortuga was kind of broken. The door to exit is a wall on the other side of the building, and entering or talking to the guy at the counter, many times crashed the game.

I hope this is helpful and can be used to improve the game. I will post more of these after my next hours.

Yeah the fps seems somewhat dubious (lol), but it's early days and I imagine bugfixing is taking priority over optimization at this stage.

Either way there's something about this game which means I can quite happily play on 20-30 fps without experiencing the nerdrage that would ordinarily induce. It's quite relaxing really.

I haven't had any problems with FPS. The game really incredibly smoothly for me. I'm curious to what could be causing the various issues.

The crashing has definitely been annoying. I have noticed a lot of tiny bugs that crash the game. I play in fullscreen and I can't Alt-Tab without the game crashing.

I'm not worried about this in the future, though. I mean we have only been in beta for 26-27 hours. The crashing seems to come in waves. You'll crash A LOT for 10 or so minutes and then it is smooth sailing for a while (ha, get it?)

FPS issues are because the game engine, Panda3D. It is not the best game engine and the game is not very optimized. As for all your crashes, most of them are from glitches in the game, bugs, and memory leaks. Thank you for reporting your findings and helping out the team!

Well I just finished my first 3 hour play time and I first of all wanna thank all the people who have put so much time to make this happen.... I really thought I would never again get to play this... Ok so as what other people have mentioned the game crashed alot. trying to land on Tortuga I would always end up in the water with the town above me... Enemy ships lack fighting skill the boats I fought against did little and sort of glitched back and forth.. I did post a few other issues on another thread... Overall I kinda still in awe of playing again... I hope my next 3 hour play I wont spend half the time reloading the game from crashes... Anyway I can help I will do my best to report issues... Thank you DEV's!

My FPS is actually very good I usually get from 40-60 rarely below that unless its raining.
fe9c6b3f97856da6615fa0cf9a31a325.png

Back