Mystery Weapons

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
So you all may, or may not have heard of a staff appropriately named, "Staff of Mists." Its rumored to only be used by Game Masters. (GM) This line appeared in the Test Server Release Notes,
Fixed an Al crash when using the aura from the Staff of Mists.
This weapon is also rumored to be in a group of weapons with two other unknown staffs, "Staff of Rains," and "Staff of Storms." Its also listed on the Wiki page, "Unreleased Items," with its rumored group members, "Staff of Rains," and "Staff of Storms." What do you think? Are these weapons out? Are they special weapons, for special people? Are their other mystery weapons?

I think they will be released either as promo items or as another class of items (like cursed blades). The developers are probably waiting to add another storyline to the game so that its release is coherent.

Also, what is the date on that release note?

I think they will be released either as promo items or as another class of items (like cursed blades). The developers are probably waiting to add another storyline to the game so that its release is coherent.

Also, what is the date on that release note?
This staff has been rumored about for a while; June 22, 2010
Release Notes - June 22, 2010
  • Adjusted speed and sizes of some Cannon Defense ships.
  • Adjusted the health bars of some Cannon Defense ships.
  • Long Pirate names no longer overlap each other on Cannon Defense results screen.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when playing in browser mode.
  • Fixed an AI crash when using the aura from the Staff of Mists.
Please report any issues you encounter using this
feedback

form.

If no one has found them in the game its most likely they are still being tested by the Game Masters and accidently added to the Test Release notes. If they do release them Im sure they will give us a heads up to 'keep an eye out' for these new weapons showing up in the Caribbean sometime soon.

Anybody can change anything they want on Wikipedia. The staff their are people who come onto the site a lot. For all we know it could've been written by an 8 year old.

Anybody can change anything they want on Wikipedia. The staff their are people who come onto the site a lot. For all we know it could've been written by an 8 year old.

They're on the release notes on the official site. I don't think anyone on Wikipedia has access to edit those.

But then why would it be in the Release Notes...

Some developers will occasionally post bogus release notes just for teh lulz, but the Disney development team doesn't seem like it would be the kind (an example, Notch's contsant "Removed Herobrine" in minecraft).

If the Staff Of Mists comes out I cant wait to use them. I love staff so much! But with only the healing, attack, and defense its not really that fun.

:sad1: Well i`m sad because i have searched for a legendary for about 2 years, 2 1/2 years and i`ve only gotten 9 famed.
screenshot_2012-01-13_18-38-16.jpg

Thats good but i need a new weapon, people can relate to that right?
screenshot_2012-01-13_18-38-37.jpg

I`m thrilled that The Staff Of Mists is coming and I need them because i`m bad with staff.

So you all may, or may not have heard of a staff appropriately named, "Staff of Mists." Its rumored to only be used by Game Masters. (GM) This line appeared in the Test Server Release Notes,

This weapon is also rumored to be in a group of weapons with two other unknown staffs, "Staff of Rains," and "Staff of Storms." Its also listed on the Wiki page, "Unreleased Items," with its rumored group members, "Staff of Rains," and "Staff of Storms." What do you think? Are these weapons out? Are they special weapons, for special people? Are their other mystery weapons?
Wow sounds sweet! when do you think it will come out?

My two doubloons on this subject is as follows:
I think rare and famed staff weapons will be released into the game as a build up to the next sizable update.

Back