Discussion Name Guidlines

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
Listen, I'm a huge fan of this game, and I mean no harm. However, there seems to be a bit of a loophole regarding name guidelines that needs to be pointed out.

In the name guidelines, it clearly states that you can not use names of criminals. However, when we look to history, we see that pirates WERE IN FACT CRIMINALS. Pirates plundered and stole from people. They killed and they took women hostage. They were not innocent people, and the name guidelines clearly make this confusing.

So, given the fact that Blackbeard was a horrifying criminal who murdered people and stole their property, should we allow fellow players to name their characters off him? Should we allow people to name their pirates based on other real life pirates who were criminals.

What do you think? Let's have a discussion. Is it hypocritical for the rules to state you can't name your pirate after a criminal, even though pirates were criminals?

Personally, I think the name guidelines should be updated to state, "Names of modern criminals (from the past 100 years) are not allowed."

Discuss.

Ps. I'm not here to give the devs a hard time, I love this game. I just want to have a discussion.

I agree and disagree with the name guidelines at the same time. I do understand where you are coming from but then again sadly it is the way it is so I'd say that we have to get a nice cup of deal with it.

For the record Edward thatch was one of the least violent pirates in history. Never once killed a prisoner. In fact when looting people's ships he always left some for them

Back